Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best music of 2011
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

Re: Best music of 2011

Oh phooey, Cougar- Law is from a few years ago. New to me. Enjoying that one right now, as I told myself to listen to all the 2011 releases I have. Great percussion, the guitar work reminds me a lot of Mice Parade but more repetitive.

Dec 04, 2011, 10:49

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2784 posts

http://www.americansongwriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/playback_wild_flag.jpg"

Dec 05, 2011, 15:47

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2784 posts

Dec 05, 2011, 15:48

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1224 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:

Good one! Shabazz & Destroyer are probably at the top of my list, too.

I also really like the most recent Sea & Cake EP. There's nothing particularly new about it, but it's quite nice. I caught their show the other day, and that's exactly how it was: nice, solid... just right.

Dec 06, 2011, 07:13

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Oh, I'm not much help here. I can't seem to think of a single 2011 album I've bought this year (although I've been hinting to relatives so should get one or two for Crimbo). I've been looking at everyone's lists and there are several I want and lots on my 'Must Investigate Further' list.

Thought this might be of interest to some of you - the people at Rough Trade usually know there stuff better than most:

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/content.lasso?page=STAFF_CHARTS_2011.html

Dec 06, 2011, 09:48

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
Oh, I'm not much help here. I can't seem to think of a single 2011 album I've bought this year (although I've been hinting to relatives so should get one or two for Crimbo). I've been looking at everyone's lists and there are several I want and lots on my 'Must Investigate Further' list.

Thought this might be of interest to some of you - the people at Rough Trade usually know there stuff better than most:

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/content.lasso?page=STAFF_CHARTS_2011.html

Oh, I forgot the Baxter Dury album - fairly sparse musically, but some great stuff going on here:

Dec 06, 2011, 09:51

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Oh, and Johnny Boy Would Love This… A Tribute To John Martyn has some sublime moments.

Dec 06, 2011, 11:44

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

I didn't get enough music to be able to judge that..

But I can share what I acquired:

Albums:

tUnE-yArDs, w h o k i l l
Low, C'mon
Vivian Girls, Share the Joy
Belong, Common Era
Papercuts, Fading Parade
Danielson, Best of Gloucester County
The Angelus, On A Dark & Barren Land
Thurston Moore, Demolished Thoughts

Compilations:

V/A, Stockholm Belongs To Us – A Labrador Records Compilation
V/A, La Piscine, An Invitation from Laetitia Sadier to Keep on Swimming

Soundtracks:

Sonic Youth, SYR 9: ‘Simon Werner a disparu’ bande originale du film

Box Sets/Reissues:

The Smiths, Complete
The Jesus and Mary Chain catalogue

EP's:

The Soft Moon, Total Decay
Low, C'mon Acoustic

Singles:

Nervous Curtains, Wired to Make Waves
Mazzy Star, Common Burn
Kingdom of Suicide Lovers, System vs. Factory

Dec 06, 2011, 19:07

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Dr. DEE ? :)

Dec 06, 2011, 20:42

hito
hito
1745 posts

This will make Gary look at me all askance but I just discovered The Fall (in any real sense). What a great band. I downloaded pitchfork's best of the eighties and three Fall records were in it.
Hex Enduction Hour is a great album and I love "spoilt victorian child". The Fall are one of my best discoveries of 2011

Dec 08, 2011, 12:55

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index