Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Music by us
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Music by us

Maybe some of you could link your music here in this thread.

i'd like to share ours. Our music is a little crude, could be tighter, but i don't think it's that bad for a band that is 300 miles apart and practices via the internet! Wish we lived closer.

www.photosmcfee.com/play-voltage.html

i'll be posting some more lyrics-singing based songs soon, we're still mixing them. These are all instrumentals. The name is temporary, as we have no idea what to call ourselves. An obvious tip o' the cap.... ;)

Jan 11, 2009, 22:32

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Music by us

Oh we tried to make a myspace for our music, but none of us are smart enough to figure out how to upload tunes on there! Might as well just use my website.

Jan 11, 2009, 22:35

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

Cool stuff J*ke! Very lush and nicely layered, with crazy rhythms and stuff going on.

I'm lead guitar-tech for Nickelback. Does that count?

Jan 12, 2009, 02:39

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Archigram wrote:
Cool stuff J*ke! Very lush and nicely layered, with crazy rhythms and stuff going on.

I'm lead guitar-tech for Nickelback. Does that count?

LOL. Of course that counts. Post your Nickelback!

Jan 12, 2009, 09:53

unovis
25 posts

here's a contribution:

brasilia- a life desired LP

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eehl08

lp that was released two years ago. vinyl only, limited to 600 copies. letterpressed covers and lyric sheets. if you like it, please consider buying a copy from me- i have a few left. the lp has an extra song that's not included on the download. here's a review from other music:

"DIY pop Marxists Brasilia have been kicking around Brooklyn for more than a couple of years now, releasing hand-pressed EPs and hosting the occasional show at the Woodser, their loft space in South Williamsburg. So it might be a little surprising that this is their first full-length, but when you consider that singer Jen Sunderland recently gave birth and three members are also moonlighting in Mahogany, it's all the more refreshing to find a band working on their own time frame and not out there trying to hustle music blogs and record labels. Of course, Brasilia isn't a group with a shelf life, as they pull equal amounts of inspiration from Factory bands like the Wake or Section 25, 4AD's dream pop roster, and the modular psych-Kraut inspired drones of Stereolab and Broadcast. A Life Desired was recorded and produced by the band and Mahogany's Andrew Prinz, the dense layers of swirling organ lending a certain grandiosity to the music, but there's also an overall modest, organic feel to the whole outing. This is no doubt partly due to Sunderland's melodies, sung with a deliberately icy detachment that's comparable to a mix of Nico and Trish Keenan. Tracks like "Sublimation" or "Evening Dinner in the Cul-De-Sac" move along a linear path, the thick bass and drums often directing the dynamic counterpoints -- it's an ebb and flow that will have you gazing down at your shoes one minute and then provoke simultaneous head-nodding from everyone present in the room. Brasilia is keeping this vinyl-only release pretty limited. Only 600 LPs are available, all come in letter-pressed packaging assembled in the band's Unovis Workshop. [GH]"

Jan 12, 2009, 15:13

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

I've already made a thread about my own solo project. And I'll link it here again for reminding.

http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/73/flat/

Some news too: I'm releasing a new album in February. Stay tuned!

Jan 12, 2009, 15:21

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

About a year ago I found the Brasilia record in a local shop and I've enjoyed it very much.

Jan 12, 2009, 20:38

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

I am one of the greatest composers god has ever cultivated.

Jan 12, 2009, 22:04

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

My music isn't for the bourgoisie so don't bother finding it but you can't avoid it.

Jan 12, 2009, 22:06

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

i am embarrassed because i mixed those songs all in my super awesome headphones and today i listened to them for the first time on the computer speakers and they sound like shite!!!!!

Jan 12, 2009, 23:54

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index