Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Music by us
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Music by us

http://test.com

Jan 27, 2009, 23:06

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:

how do you link something in this forum?

Anything beginning with http:// will be turned into a link automatically

awesome, thanks!

Jan 27, 2009, 23:18

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Here's a link to 2 songs of mine that a friend went and 'reinterpreted.' He added beats really. The 1st one is in the aphex/autechre vain, the second feels a bit goth.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBUa3NSbEE4aU5FQlE9PQ

Let me know what you think if you have the time.

Thanks.

Feb 08, 2009, 21:38

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

i will listen to these at work tomorrow Mu, will get back to you on that. (my home comp is useless downloading shit)

Feb 09, 2009, 00:40

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

My new album is out, folks!

And a new song from it is to be listened here:

Sincere Sirius

If you like it and are interested in checking the album out, then kindly consider supporting me by buying this new album from me. You can drop me a line by mailing me at stereom and then gmail you-know-what.

Oh, and to Revox: this time I have no pretenses that I sound anything like Terry Riley. I'm more and more convinced and confident that I only sound like myself. ;)

Feb 09, 2009, 13:30

revox
revox
800 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:

Oh, and to Revox: this time I have no pretenses that I sound anything like Terry Riley. I'm more and more convinced and confident that I only sound like myself. ;)

Cool.

~;^)>

Feb 09, 2009, 22:08

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:

And a new song from it is to be listened here:

Sincere Sirius

If you like it and are interested in checking the album out, then kindly consider supporting me by buying this new album from me. You can drop me a line by mailing me at stereom and then gmail you-know-what.

Hey, that looks like art by our own archigram! Nice job mousy.

Feb 10, 2009, 04:42

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

unovis wrote:
here's a contribution:

brasilia- a life desired LP

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eehl08

lp that was released two years ago. vinyl only, limited to 600 copies. letterpressed covers and lyric sheets. if you like it, please consider buying a copy from me- i have a few left. the lp has an extra song that's not included on the download. here's a review from other music:

"DIY pop Marxists Brasilia have been kicking around Brooklyn for more than a couple of years now, releasing hand-pressed EPs and hosting the occasional show at the Woodser, their loft space in South Williamsburg. So it might be a little surprising that this is their first full-length, but when you consider that singer Jen Sunderland recently gave birth and three members are also moonlighting in Mahogany, it's all the more refreshing to find a band working on their own time frame and not out there trying to hustle music blogs and record labels. Of course, Brasilia isn't a group with a shelf life, as they pull equal amounts of inspiration from Factory bands like the Wake or Section 25, 4AD's dream pop roster, and the modular psych-Kraut inspired drones of Stereolab and Broadcast. A Life Desired was recorded and produced by the band and Mahogany's Andrew Prinz, the dense layers of swirling organ lending a certain grandiosity to the music, but there's also an overall modest, organic feel to the whole outing. This is no doubt partly due to Sunderland's melodies, sung with a deliberately icy detachment that's comparable to a mix of Nico and Trish Keenan. Tracks like "Sublimation" or "Evening Dinner in the Cul-De-Sac" move along a linear path, the thick bass and drums often directing the dynamic counterpoints -- it's an ebb and flow that will have you gazing down at your shoes one minute and then provoke simultaneous head-nodding from everyone present in the room. Brasilia is keeping this vinyl-only release pretty limited. Only 600 LPs are available, all come in letter-pressed packaging assembled in the band's Unovis Workshop. [GH]"

I just listened to this, I like it!

Feb 10, 2009, 07:52

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

I like "the free bus..." a lot.

Feb 10, 2009, 17:17

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
Here's a link to 2 songs of mine that a friend went and 'reinterpreted.' He added beats really. The 1st one is in the aphex/autechre vain, the second feels a bit goth.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBUa3NSbEE4aU5FQlE9PQ

Let me know what you think if you have the time.

Thanks.

Hey Jim, i really like the second song best. Finally listened today. It has a mellow autechre feel to it which i like. i would have liked to have seen the equipment and process used to make these songs. They sound very complex. Very crisp, good production.

Feb 13, 2009, 20:26

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index