Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Music by us
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Music by us

Mars Rover wrote:

Hey Jim, i really like the second song best. Finally listened today. It has a mellow autechre feel to it which i like. i would have liked to have seen the equipment and process used to make these songs. They sound very complex. Very crisp, good production.

Thanks for listening and commenting!

Feb 13, 2009, 20:52

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

unovis
25 posts

I'm going to top this thread...

I have a new project- Ice Orgy. It's kinda drony. Here's a review:

"This is awesome. I have been itching to post this review but I am so crazy backed up right now. Ice Orgy is huge sweeping drone that has massive movements and a lot more dynamics than you might be used to from someone working within that genre. First of all the music is gorgeous, it sounds a little like Brian Eno meets Winters in Osaka. There are some occasional subtle beats that never get in the way or take away from any of the rhythmless drone. There is a lovely tension throughout that almost feels like watching a birth, it's beautiful and impressive but it is also dangerous and can be quite sad. Roy Styles has created something quite impressive.
The look of this is untouchable really. Letterpressed j-card, slipcase and labels give this such a finished yet handmade look I can't help but want to steal this. I recommend this quite a bit.
Would I buy this yes. Absolutely."

http://www.devdformats.blogspot.com/2012/05/ice-orgy-st-cs.html

You can hear some of it at

http://www.unovis.org

You can also download a bunch of unreleased/released Brasilia stuff there (one of my previous bands).

So- what else is everyone up to?

Sep 14, 2012, 04:45

guero
170 posts

I just ordered the Brasilia LP. I've enjoyed the mp3-version since you first posted it here!

Sep 14, 2012, 20:03

unovis
25 posts

Awesome- thanks!

Sep 18, 2012, 16:06

unovis
25 posts

wow. this topic isn't very popular.

new album by Ice Orgy. Limited to 50 numbered cassettes. All letter pressed packaging. Here's a review:

"Another gorgeous release from Ice Orgy. First of all the music is excellent. Basically the soundtrack to my current anxiety attack that I have been experiencing for the past 48 hours. I am not kidding. I am falling apart. Hooray! The first side is this building and rhythmic drone type piece that completely works on every level. The second side reminds me a bit of some of the more experimental Mt. Eerie stuff (I am totally, mostly thinking this because of what I am about to mention). Itís got drum machines and loops that degrade into a tense, yet beautiful drone.. You should hear this. I love this project. I respect how few releases they do but I do wish there was a higher output coming from them. Maybe now that they have relocated to Port Angeles, WA from Brooklyn, NY (definitely a step up, and I love Brooklyn) we will get more from this project. Maybe even a show or two.

The packaging is wonderful. Linoblock carved elements along with letterpressed o-cards and j-cards. They said something in a note about how the printing wasnít as nice as they wanted and I think for the paper chosen this is an excellent print job. The paper feels like French paper which has a shitload of sizing in it. That makes getting an impression without damaging your type pretty difficult. The ink layers seem good and the choices all work well for me. I say bravo! "

http://devdformats.blogspot.com/2017/02/ice-orgyiii-cs.html

Jun 28, 2017, 05:28

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index