Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Music by us
35 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Re: Music by us

unovis wrote:
here's a contribution:

brasilia- a life desired LP

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eehl08

lp that was released two years ago. vinyl only, limited to 600 copies. letterpressed covers and lyric sheets. if you like it, please consider buying a copy from me- i have a few left. the lp has an extra song that's not included on the download. here's a review from other music:

"DIY pop Marxists Brasilia have been kicking around Brooklyn for more than a couple of years now, releasing hand-pressed EPs and hosting the occasional show at the Woodser, their loft space in South Williamsburg. So it might be a little surprising that this is their first full-length, but when you consider that singer Jen Sunderland recently gave birth and three members are also moonlighting in Mahogany, it's all the more refreshing to find a band working on their own time frame and not out there trying to hustle music blogs and record labels. Of course, Brasilia isn't a group with a shelf life, as they pull equal amounts of inspiration from Factory bands like the Wake or Section 25, 4AD's dream pop roster, and the modular psych-Kraut inspired drones of Stereolab and Broadcast. A Life Desired was recorded and produced by the band and Mahogany's Andrew Prinz, the dense layers of swirling organ lending a certain grandiosity to the music, but there's also an overall modest, organic feel to the whole outing. This is no doubt partly due to Sunderland's melodies, sung with a deliberately icy detachment that's comparable to a mix of Nico and Trish Keenan. Tracks like "Sublimation" or "Evening Dinner in the Cul-De-Sac" move along a linear path, the thick bass and drums often directing the dynamic counterpoints -- it's an ebb and flow that will have you gazing down at your shoes one minute and then provoke simultaneous head-nodding from everyone present in the room. Brasilia is keeping this vinyl-only release pretty limited. Only 600 LPs are available, all come in letter-pressed packaging assembled in the band's Unovis Workshop. [GH]"

I just listened to this, I like it!

Feb 10, 2009, 07:52

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: