Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Y'all got any shows to look forward to?
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Y'all got any shows to look forward to?

This morning I booked tx for my daughter and I to go to see The Rapture in Oxford on May 1st 2012. That is nearly 6 fucking months away, yet I'm still excited!

The calendar is looking bare, I need to do research and maybe force myself to be more open-minded.

What have y'all got booked? (No rules apply ;)

Dec 04, 2011, 23:17

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Y'all got any shows to look forward to?

Mogwai - Barrowlands, December 22nd (weather permitting).

Stone Roses, Manchester, June 2012.

That is all, shamefully.

Dec 05, 2011, 14:12

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

the cupboard being so bare is depressing, eh?

Dec 05, 2011, 14:39

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Mogwai is excellent live. bring ear plugs though!

I have absolutely nothing on the show agenda. it's usually pretty dry in my neck of the woods from now until February.

Dec 05, 2011, 15:23

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

thomas2 wrote:
the cupboard being so bare is depressing, eh?

This time of year is usually so fertile for me, but I guess the spectre OLD AGE and FAMILY are taking their toll!

Dec 05, 2011, 15:52

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

meanchico wrote:
Mogwai is excellent live. bring ear plugs though!

I saw Mogwai in February of this year and regretted not having ear plugs. I am now fully equipped :)

PS - Dont EVER see Dinosaur Jr without earplugs!

Dec 05, 2011, 15:54

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Going to see Bill Frisell in January!

Dec 05, 2011, 16:40

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Kazak wrote:
Going to see Bill Frisell in January!

I heard part of his new album, "Mexican Tears", which he did with a Brazilian singer, sounded great, planning on getting that.

Dec 05, 2011, 16:42

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Yeah, I think that's who he's playing with, Carrie Rodriguez, is it? Me, and three other fellas have a VIP table right in front of the stage! B)

Dec 05, 2011, 17:27

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Different singer, here's what I was talking abt (from his website)...

"Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuaria - Lagrimas Mexicanas

A collaborative project featuring Brazilian singer-songwriter Cantuaria (vocals, percussion and guitar) with Frisell (guitars and loops) on ten co-written original compositions. This is layered, texturally rich, rhythmically vibrant and melodically engaging music from two masters set for release in January on Entertainment One Music in North America and the Naïve label in Europe. Recorded in at Avast in Seattle and Fantasy Studios in Berkeley with engineers Jason Lehning and Adam Muñoz, mixed at Fantasy with Muñoz and mastered at Sterling Sound in New York with Greg Calbi. Produced by Lee Townsend.

Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuaria - Lagrimas MexicanasThe guitars of Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuária melt together in my car speakers as if impossibly desigA collaborative project featuring Brazilian singer-songwriter Cantuaria (vocals, percussion and guitar) with Frisell (guitars and loops) on ten co-written original compositions. This is layered, texturally rich, rhythmically vibrant and melodically engaging music from two masters set for release in January on Entertainment One Music in North America and the Naïve label in Europe. Recorded in at Avast in Seattle and Fantasy Studios in Berkeley with engineers Jason Lehning and Adam Muñoz, mixed at Fantasy with Muñoz and mastered at Sterling Sound in New York with Greg Calbi. Produced by Lee Townsend."

Dec 05, 2011, 19:08

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index