Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Y'all got any shows to look forward to?
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Re: Y'all got any shows to look forward to?

yay, foster the people just announced a show in April at the (big) brixton academy. They obviously lurk on this forum and noticed me complaining.

Dec 05, 2011, 19:25

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Wednesday....Trailer Park Boys (comedy show)
Thursday.....Omar Souleyman
Sunday.......Napalm Death

Dec 05, 2011, 19:48

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

No, feel too old for all that...

Dec 05, 2011, 20:22

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Hobobachang wrote:

Sunday.......Napalm Death

Niiiiiice.

Dec 05, 2011, 20:35

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

That's poor. You shouldn't use age as an excuse for not having fun.

Dec 05, 2011, 20:35

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

My buddy's obsessed. He'll be all over that.

Dec 05, 2011, 21:23

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Kazak wrote:
My buddy's obsessed. He'll be all over that.

They played excerpts on NPR last night and I was very impressed, can't wait to get it.

Dec 05, 2011, 21:25

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

I have plenty of fun, all the time. I just feel like I might have outgrown gigs...

Dec 05, 2011, 22:29

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
Different singer, here's what I was talking abt (from his website)...

"Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuaria - Lagrimas Mexicanas

A collaborative project featuring Brazilian singer-songwriter Cantuaria (vocals, percussion and guitar) with Frisell (guitars and loops) on ten co-written original compositions. This is layered, texturally rich, rhythmically vibrant and melodically engaging music from two masters set for release in January on Entertainment One Music in North America and the Naïve label in Europe. Recorded in at Avast in Seattle and Fantasy Studios in Berkeley with engineers Jason Lehning and Adam Muñoz, mixed at Fantasy with Muñoz and mastered at Sterling Sound in New York with Greg Calbi. Produced by Lee Townsend.

Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuaria - Lagrimas MexicanasThe guitars of Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuária melt together in my car speakers as if impossibly desigA collaborative project featuring Brazilian singer-songwriter Cantuaria (vocals, percussion and guitar) with Frisell (guitars and loops) on ten co-written original compositions. This is layered, texturally rich, rhythmically vibrant and melodically engaging music from two masters set for release in January on Entertainment One Music in North America and the Naïve label in Europe. Recorded in at Avast in Seattle and Fantasy Studios in Berkeley with engineers Jason Lehning and Adam Muñoz, mixed at Fantasy with Muñoz and mastered at Sterling Sound in New York with Greg Calbi. Produced by Lee Townsend."

Vinicius Cantuaria - I've heard quite a few bits and pieces by him and always liked what I've heard. Doing Bossa Nova in an up-to-date way. Similar sort of stuff to Caetano Veloso. You've reminded me to investigate further.

Here he is:

Dec 05, 2011, 23:18

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Spurs v Sunderland at the Lane in a couple of weeks. Paul Foot stand up at the Blomsbury Theatre next week. Otherwise nothing planned.

Dec 05, 2011, 23:20

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index