Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Y'all got any shows to look forward to?
49 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Y'all got any shows to look forward to?

Mu Mu wrote:
Different singer, here's what I was talking abt (from his website)...

"Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuaria - Lagrimas Mexicanas

A collaborative project featuring Brazilian singer-songwriter Cantuaria (vocals, percussion and guitar) with Frisell (guitars and loops) on ten co-written original compositions. This is layered, texturally rich, rhythmically vibrant and melodically engaging music from two masters set for release in January on Entertainment One Music in North America and the Naïve label in Europe. Recorded in at Avast in Seattle and Fantasy Studios in Berkeley with engineers Jason Lehning and Adam Muñoz, mixed at Fantasy with Muñoz and mastered at Sterling Sound in New York with Greg Calbi. Produced by Lee Townsend.

Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuaria - Lagrimas MexicanasThe guitars of Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuária melt together in my car speakers as if impossibly desigA collaborative project featuring Brazilian singer-songwriter Cantuaria (vocals, percussion and guitar) with Frisell (guitars and loops) on ten co-written original compositions. This is layered, texturally rich, rhythmically vibrant and melodically engaging music from two masters set for release in January on Entertainment One Music in North America and the Naïve label in Europe. Recorded in at Avast in Seattle and Fantasy Studios in Berkeley with engineers Jason Lehning and Adam Muñoz, mixed at Fantasy with Muñoz and mastered at Sterling Sound in New York with Greg Calbi. Produced by Lee Townsend."

Vinicius Cantuaria - I've heard quite a few bits and pieces by him and always liked what I've heard. Doing Bossa Nova in an up-to-date way. Similar sort of stuff to Caetano Veloso. You've reminded me to investigate further.

Here he is:

Dec 05, 2011, 23:18

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: