Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Can/will Obama win a second term?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Can/will Obama win a second term?

s_lush_s wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:
First of all this is a stupid question because the incumbent always has the advantage.

Just my personal feelings about the way the topic has been introduced for conversation.

yeah, duh, the incumbent always has a good chance of winning.

well maybe not always but certainly everytime

We already discussed this. Concentrating on Tebow and forgetting about politics feels good. Even when he loses. Come on. Tebow will lead us to victory.

Dec 20, 2011, 18:57

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:
First of all this is a stupid question because the incumbent always has the advantage.

Just my personal feelings about the way the topic has been introduced for conversation.

yeah, duh, the incumbent always has a good chance of winning.

well maybe not always but certainly everytime

We already discussed this. Concentrating on Tebow and forgetting about politics feels good. Even when he loses. Come on. Tebow will lead us to victory.

What I wouldn't give to here a Tebow story right now.

Dec 20, 2011, 18:58

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I've been watching too much Bob Newhart. I *heart* Mr. Carlin.

Dec 20, 2011, 18:59

BOTE_
381 posts

Approval's back up. (CNN)

"President Barack Obama's approval rating appears to be fueled by dramatic gains among middle-income Americans," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "The data suggest that the debate over the payroll tax is helping Obama's efforts to portray himself as the defender of the middle class."

Obama's gains have come at the expense of the Republicans in Congress and the GOP in general. By a 50% to 31% margin, people questioned say they have more confidence in the president than in congressional Republicans to handle the major issues facing the country. Obama held a much narrower 44% to 39% margin in March.

And the GOP's overall favorable rating has dropped to six points, to 43%, since June, while the Democrats' positive rating remained steady at 55%.

http://sternfansnetwork.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=2908.0

lol@ those GOP wackjobs. :P

Dec 20, 2011, 21:57

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: de fault

Dara wrote:
Psi-Phi wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:
Give it a rest, man.

Whahhh? MU MU? CyberPainter? (Are you secretly one and the same person posing as and posting under different identities?) It's OK. I understand.

However, if not, I feel I really must reply to CyberPainter again since she(?) asked a question, so if Mu Mu needs to 'give it a rest' he(?) can simply choose not read it. I guess.

Looks like you are under attack from the White Corpustles too...

Don't bother - believe me, it really is not worth it.

Seriously? Is that directed at me among others? Why are you so rude? I noticed a cynicism lately with all these digs and frankly I can't remember what it's all about. But I'm sure you'd be more than happy to tell me.

And don't group me in with mu, I do not agree with his persistent rudeness.

Dec 21, 2011, 04:32

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
And don't group me in with mu, I do not agree with his persistent rudeness.

What did I do?

Dec 21, 2011, 04:45

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

all this drama is so exciting

Dec 21, 2011, 05:14

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

hehe :)

Dec 21, 2011, 05:45

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

matthew6 wrote:
Considering the high rate of inner city murder that has occurred in the U.S over the past fifty years, common sense would tell me that gas line murders are beyond trivial.

Thank you. Here, at last, is an observation that touches on my own contemporaneous perspective! At the time all this was actually going on, what I wrote and published in my weekly newspaper focused on the irony that Riots, Fistfights, Gunfights, Murder and Mayhem were such typically (almost Cliche) "American" (cultural) responses to 'crisis' (inconvenience) that EVERYTHING was made 'beyond trivial' and therefore, beyond resolution, beyond EVER being 'fixed.'

Because the MEANING of what was actually going on at every level was being LOST in the Soap Opera aspects being spoon fed to the People (Voters, Public, Masses, whatever they might be called) by the Media and the Powers That Be.

(Very convenient for the PTB.) The proverbial Frog, which might leap out of the pot if thrown suddenly into hot water, complacently enjoys the comfort of gradually warming water (until it boils to death.)

The Problem perpetuates itself and multiplies, consolidates power, increases its stranglehold, widens its swath of destruction and grows like a deadly cancerous tumor without detection, because there is no pain until the very end, and then it's too late.

matthew6 wrote:
These are the type of random events that can occur without Presidential mismanagement. To prove that widespread murder and 'riots' occurred you are going to need a lot more references. A comparison of crime rates before, during, and after the gas crisis would help your cause.

Well, thanks again. In order to establish a foundation for the Points I wanted to make in this Topic, I made a few simple statements of fact, of which I am a contemporaneous witness, along with millions of others. Not to mention Time, Life, and Newsweek magazines, and all the other major news outlets of that era, including newspapers, radio and television. I myself wrote analytical articles and essays about these facts and the sociological, psychological, political and personal effects and consequences of these 'current events' while they were ongoing. The themes of personal, public and political moral decay way back then, resonate with the here and now. Mainly because it's the same now as it was then, only worse.

Dec 21, 2011, 06:40

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

matthew6 wrote:
all this drama is so exciting

Ain't it, though? Exciting, fun, entertaining.

Important, informative, intellectually stimulating, witty.

That's what attracted me to this place in the first place.

Dec 21, 2011, 06:52

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index