Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Can/will Obama win a second term?
112 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

Re: de fault

Psi-Phi wrote:
Inflation coupled with economic stagnation became known as 'stagflation' a combination of gasoline shortages, rising fuel prices, long lines at the pump resulted in fistfights, gunfire, murder and mayhem...

cyberpainter wrote:
Wow, what an exaggeration.

Well, not really. There should have been a period after 'stagflation,' but both statements are equally true. Facts are facts. Gasoline prices jumped 300% during Carter's administration. Gas was 35 cents a gallon when Carter was elected, and over a dollar per gallon when he left office.

Insanity at the gas pump, including all the atrocities listed in my statement, are well documented. OPEC began to rule the Earth.

Perhaps you are upset because you think that I think that Carter or Democrats are to blame, but the criminal stupidity started with Government price controls set up under Nixon and Ford.

I am not partisan about criminal stupidity by Government, I'm simply against it. Absolutely.

You must have read what I said about Carter being a sweet man. What I wrote overall was observation rather than condemnation. (If exaggeration, not without a touch of gentle humor, as indicated by my reference to Billy Beer.)

Dec 19, 2011, 06:58

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: