Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Who is Mitt Romney?!
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

Psi-Phi wrote:
The real reason Obama desperately hides his actual birth certificate is only because it would reveal his true biological father is not Barack Obama Sr.

Interestingly enough, if Obama's biological father proved to be Frank Marshall, or some other actual Citizen of the United States, the question raised by Obama Sr.'s Kenyan / British citizenship would vanish!

[quote="cyberpainter"]That's astoundingly idiotic. To think that the president has to desperately hide his birth cert is beyond ridiculous. Who the fuck would care who his father is?/quote]
Anyone and everyone interested or concerned with Constitutional President eligibility, that's who.

[quote="cyberpainter"]His real father was not exactly a prize winning father, was from Africa, something that makes the racists practically apoplectic. Face it, it's those idiots who DESPERATELY want him not to be president. /quote]
Therein lies the rub! Aside from all other possible issues, Obama Sr. was a Kenyan with no claim to Citizenship in the United States.

But he did happen to be married to Stanley Ann Dunham at the time the child who ultimately came to be known as Barack Obama was born.

Jan 11, 2012, 21:23


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

Psi-Phi wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:

Yes. A poignant memoir of racism in America.

But quite beside the point. So is the undeniable fact that some people blindly hate Obama solely on the basis of race.

I cannot be counted among those blind haters, and the squeamy Donald Chump does not represent me, either, but those things are also beside the point.


No, I never said you hated him, however you're the one who keeps writing about his legitimacy.

Psi-Phi wrote:
The Race Card is a Trump card, however, played by those who cannot stand to engage in any honest debate about undeniable facts that form the basis of legitimate questions about the legitimacy of Obama at several levels.


Tedious verbosity does not equal accuracy. I'm engaging you. Your "facts" are far from undeniable. But you're too much of a windbag to debate with for any length of time. Talking about a "race card" is easy for anyone to say, but doesn't really apply in this discussion. You're questioning Obama's legitimacy as president, bringing up his mother as a slut, and that he has a different father. You've brought up other smears on Obama in the past, the photo of him in a turban from the right winger site. The 'appearance' anyway, looks surprisingly bigoted for a Stereolab forum. Perhaps you're confusing this place with some teabagger fest?

Psi-Phi wrote:
I see that my innocent photos have been censored, including some that still appear in previous posts. I would love to know why and by whom.

All these pictures are on Yahoo and Snopes, and most were originally published officially by the Obama campaign in 2008, the rest surreptitiously by the Clinton campaign the same year.

What a bunch of knee-jerk reactionaries!


You're knee jerking before you understand this forum doesn't have a moderator. It's probably something in snope's own site, or a filter put on long ago on this site in some way, dunno. But there are no moderators here. Why do you think the loons can go on and on indefinitely?

Jan 11, 2012, 21:37


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

Psi-Phi wrote:
What a bunch of knee-jerk reactionaries!

cyberpainter wrote:
You're knee jerking before you understand this forum doesn't have a moderator. It's probably something in snope's own site, or a filter put on long ago on this site in some way, dunno. But there are no moderators here. Why do you think the loons can go on and on indefinitely?

No moderators? Really! Interesting. I think you are probably right then, about the razzberry faces coming from Snopes. A clever way to avoid getting clipped for bandwidth.

The reason the same photos in earlier posts were not razzied out, was because although they were of the exact same photo, they were sourced from sites other than Snopes. (The reason I used those from Snopes is because they were already tastefully cropped.)

Just thought I might mention that I did not present Obama's Mama as a slut. That must have been someone else. I think Stanley Ann Dunham was a beautiful woman, independent and open minded, and I am positive that those nude photos of her were intended to remain private. By her, anyway. And lovely they are, too. Not porno by any means. Very nice. And I consider it romantic that she found the cool Jazz intellectual Frank Marshall irresistible.

I am not a bigot, nor a racist, not a Republican nor a 'Conservative' nor a 'right wing' anything else. If I am prejudiced against anything, it is several things: criminality, corruption and hypocrisy, but not against any person or people just on account of their race, religion, or planet of origin.

Jan 11, 2012, 22:37


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

cyberpainter wrote:
You've brought up other smears on Obama in the past, the photo of him in a turban from the right winger site.

As I said before, the photos of Obama I posted were originally published by Clinton's campaign staff during the 2008 primaries. Not exactly a 'right wing' source.

cyberpainter wrote:
The 'appearance' anyway, looks surprisingly bigoted for a Stereolab forum. Perhaps you're confusing this place with some teabagger fest?

Nope. No mistaking this place for any kind of Tea Party. Besides, to whose 'appearance' are you referring? Although I may be cyberpainted as one, I'm not the one behaving like an intolerant bigot here.

cyberpainter wrote:
Tedious verbosity does not equal accuracy. I'm engaging you. Your "facts" are far from undeniable. But you're too much of a windbag to debate with for any length of time.

You can generally recognize which of my facts are undeniably true by the ad-hominem attacks used against them, rather than rational argument.

Could not agree with you more, tedious verbosity does not equal accuracy. (Just remember, that cuts both ways.) And the windbag thing, frankly, I much prefer "A Mighty Wind!"

Jan 11, 2012, 23:16


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

BOTE_ wrote:
No wonder even Republicans don't like this guy. lol

Mitt Romney comes from a political family of notoriously 'moderate' (liberal) Republicans.

Not that anyone is talking about it, but Mitt Romney has a 'citizenship issue' not entirely unlike Obama's (and McCain's, and others.)

Mitt's father, George Romney, 3-term Michigan Governor back in the 1960's was born in Mexico to parents whose own parents (Grandparents of George) were Polygamous Mormons, who had fled from the Utah Territory before it was admitted to the Union as a State.

When George attempted to gain the Republican Party nomination for President in 1968, an investigation conducted by Congress and duly recorded in the 1967 Congressional Record determined that Governor Romney did not qualify to be President because he had never applied for nor been granted Citizenship status.

Read it yourself if you care to:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/20829167/Natural-Born-Citizen-Congressional-Record-6-14-1967-p-15875-80

Of course, Willard (Mitt) was born in Detroit, so his claim to Citizenship is as sound as any child born on American soil to non-citizens.

Interesting, eh, what?

Conservatives reckon that Mitt, like Newt and Rick, are liberal wolves posing as Republican lambs who are willing to howl or bleat whatever they think at the moment might get them elected.

Jan 12, 2012, 00:07


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!



Hard to tell whether this is Mitt or Rick.

Jan 12, 2012, 01:24


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

Psi-Phi wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
You've brought up other smears on Obama in the past, the photo of him in a turban from the right winger site.

As I said before, the photos of Obama I posted were originally published by Clinton's campaign staff during the 2008 primaries. Not exactly a 'right wing' source.


You posted it in a different context. The post of the different presidents in uniform. Are you saying Clinton's campaign made that graphic? In any case it's a demeaning and bigoted graphic because of it's context, it is most certainly meant to be so in depicting him with that garb. Not that anything is wrong what so ever in him putting on native dress in another country, as I'm sure you'd agree. It's how it is used by some in order to deliver a message. But to people like me, it doesn't deliver a message about him, but about how he is perceived by some idiots.

Psi-Phi wrote:

Nope. No mistaking this place for any kind of Tea Party. Besides, to whose 'appearance' are you referring? Although I may be cyberpainted as one, I'm not the one behaving like an intolerant bigot here.

You are doing a good imitation then.

[quote]You can generally recognize which of my facts are undeniably true by the ad-hominem attacks used against them, rather than rational argument.


No, there are no facts that are undeniably true merely because I didn't delve for hours into refuting them. That doesn't follow.

Jan 12, 2012, 05:14


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

cyberpainter wrote:
It's how it is used by some in order to deliver a message. But to people like me, it doesn't deliver a message about him, but about how he is perceived by some idiots.

That other people perceive a different message than you do doesn't necessarily make THEM idiots.

cyberpainter wrote:
You are doing a good imitation (of an intolerant bigot) then.

Oh, please. Take a careful look at my replies to anyone on this Board, yourself included. I am not intolerant of anyone's perspective, in fact, quite the opposite. I am patient, offer the benefit of the doubt, and maintain my sense of humor with quite a few people you seem to treat peevishly.

cyberpainter wrote:
No, there are no facts that are undeniably true merely because I didn't delve for hours into refuting them. That doesn't follow.

Agreed. Facts which are undeniably true are thus whether or not you give them any thought.

I take your point to mean that there are certain assertions I have made, which you feel certain you could disprove if only you took the time to research and refute them.

But your 'feeling' is not sufficient reason for you to assume those facts are thereby disproved, simply by your thought to disagree with them.

Nor is such a 'feeling' reason enough for you to expect others to agree with you that those facts are thereby disproved, simply because you think so or say so.

Your opinions are valid, as opinions, just like anyone else's opinions. But your opinions do not automatically invalidate facts you disagree with.

Jan 12, 2012, 06:47


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

I am an avid reader of politics and news, which gives me more than mere "feelings" about the issue of Obama's "eligibility", and interpretation of satire, and the motivation behind it.

cyberpainter wrote:
Who the fuck would care who his father is

cyberpainter wrote:
Anyone and everyone interested or concerned with Constitutional President eligibility, that's who.


Obama is and was eligible. Your sources would like to get him out of office in any way possible. Swiftboat anyone?

Jan 12, 2012, 06:53


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

oops, sorry about the quote mistakes above.

Jan 12, 2012, 06:53

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index