Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Who is Mitt Romney?!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

And also, I did not actually call you an intolerant bigot, you added your own words to my quote. At least my quote mistake was in error, you added to my own words, which I'd appreciate it if you would not do.

Jan 12, 2012, 07:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Psi-Phi wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
It's how it is used by some in order to deliver a message. But to people like me, it doesn't deliver a message about him, but about how he is perceived by some idiots.

That other people perceive a different message than you do doesn't necessarily make THEM idiots.
Oh, and what message did you glean from the graphic you posted here? I was referring to people who do not like and are not tolerant of people who are different than themselves.

Jan 12, 2012, 07:04

and0rod4
692 posts

my oppinion is i dont have one. i dont know whatt to make of the politics.]]

if{{he's extreme right[[[{

i guess i'm all for it.

but then ,., we wont agree with my77

euro-noodling. or post modern humour. *pah*

no wonder i'm so despirate 2bee here.oob

Jan 12, 2012, 07:31

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
oops, sorry about the quote mistakes above.

No problem. Among the least of your mistakes. Entirely forgivable. (I've done the same thing a dozen times. This is really primitive bulletin board software, is it not?)

Jan 12, 2012, 07:35

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
And also, I did not actually call you an intolerant bigot, you added your own words to my quote. At least my quote mistake was in error, you added to my own words, which I'd appreciate it if you would not do.

If anyone other than us is following this conversation, it should be clear that was parenthetical clarification of your inference, which I was addressing in my reply.

cyberpainter wrote:
Oh, and what message did you glean from the graphic you posted here? I was referring to people who do not like and are not tolerant of people who are different than themselves.

That graphic is observation, not condemnation. The images were not faked. Your condescending sense of moral superiority, in my opinion, is derived from what you think it means, and what you think I think it means, and your conviction that what you think is valid, and what I think isn't.

I think that graphic is a wry observation of a few undeniable facts, likely to engender thoughtful reflection from various points of view. Several have been posted, some of which agree with you!

Here is one honest opinion of the graphic, from someone who thought the images were faked:

and0rod4 wrote:
i dont find it funny.

but its not un-funny.

is it famous?

Jan 12, 2012, 08:41

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Psi-Phi wrote:
Look at the hairline, the jawline, the ears, the eyes, the eyebrows. These photos are in fact of the one and only, lovely and shapely, comely and attractive, Stanley Ann Dunham, Barry Soetoro's (Barack Obama's) mother.

You can't possibly be so hypocritical as to think there is something wrong with the simple truth.

Obama's Mama was a radical liberal, a free love Hippie swinger. Same as my Mom!

Snopes says they're of a late 50's pin up model Marcy Moore, so it's not a "fact", it's conjecture. There are lots of people with similar features. Especially beautiful people who have very balanced faces. The sites that dispute it, and say they're of Obama's mother show these grainy photos of Moore which don't look like her, to dispute it, and I find their explanation and crappy examples far from conclusive. It's just another Obama smear. Now getting airplay on Stereolab's board. Aren't we lucky?

You should start using the word "opinion" rather than "fact" for your claims.

Jan 12, 2012, 22:18

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Psi-Phi wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
You've brought up other smears on Obama in the past, the photo of him in a turban from the right winger site.

As I said before, the photos of Obama I posted were originally published by Clinton's campaign staff during the 2008 primaries. Not exactly a 'right wing' source.

You posted it in a different context. The post of the different presidents in uniform. Are you saying Clinton's campaign made that graphic? In any case it's a demeaning and bigoted graphic because of it's context, it is most certainly meant to be so in depicting him with that garb. Not that anything is wrong what so ever in him putting on native dress in another country, as I'm sure you'd agree. It's how it is used by some in order to deliver a message. But to people like me, it doesn't deliver a message about him, but about how he is perceived by some idiots.

Psi-Phi wrote:

Nope. No mistaking this place for any kind of Tea Party. Besides, to whose 'appearance' are you referring? Although I may be cyberpainted as one, I'm not the one behaving like an intolerant bigot here.

You are doing a good imitation then.

[quote]You can generally recognize which of my facts are undeniably true by the ad-hominem attacks used against them, rather than rational argument.

No, there are no facts that are undeniably true merely because I didn't delve for hours into refuting them. That doesn't follow.

Oh, but it's perfectly OKAY to smear the Clintons- a fair-weather democrat.

Jan 13, 2012, 07:52

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
Psi-Phi wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
You've brought up other smears on Obama in the past, the photo of him in a turban from the right winger site.

As I said before, the photos of Obama I posted were originally published by Clinton's campaign staff during the 2008 primaries. Not exactly a 'right wing' source.

You posted it in a different context. The post of the different presidents in uniform. Are you saying Clinton's campaign made that graphic? In any case it's a demeaning and bigoted graphic because of it's context, it is most certainly meant to be so in depicting him with that garb. Not that anything is wrong what so ever in him putting on native dress in another country, as I'm sure you'd agree. It's how it is used by some in order to deliver a message. But to people like me, it doesn't deliver a message about him, but about how he is perceived by some idiots.

Psi-Phi wrote:

Nope. No mistaking this place for any kind of Tea Party. Besides, to whose 'appearance' are you referring? Although I may be cyberpainted as one, I'm not the one behaving like an intolerant bigot here.

You are doing a good imitation then.

[quote]You can generally recognize which of my facts are undeniably true by the ad-hominem attacks used against them, rather than rational argument.

No, there are no facts that are undeniably true merely because I didn't delve for hours into refuting them. That doesn't follow.

Oh, but it's perfectly OKAY to smear the Clintons- a fair-weather democrat.

You need to spend some time studying politics instead of reading about them from some biased daily rag. Why don't you crack open a book and study some history? We've had more than one president. YOU sound like the idiot. Are you familiar with agitprop?

Jan 13, 2012, 08:02

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Snopes says they're of a late 50's pin up model Marcy Moore, so it's not a "fact", it's conjecture.

Disagreement with a fact does not render that fact conjecture. You may remember that I directed your attention to Snopes precisely because it features links to photos of Marcy Moore, which I indicated was inadvertent proof by Snopes that the pix of Obama's Mama were absolutely NOT of Marcy Moore! Obviously, you have not looked at any of the pix of Ann Dunham, nor of Marcy Moore.

Even if you are so willfully blind that you cannot discern the difference between Marcy's hairline, jawline, ears, eyes, eyebrows, etc. and Ann Dunham's, disregard all that! Look at the tits! Marcy Moore CANNOT be the same woman depicted in the other pix, who is Ann Dunham.

cyberpainter wrote:
There are lots of people with similar features. Especially beautiful people who have very balanced faces.

OK. Yeah. So? Undisputed. Stipulated! Facts! But in no way whatsoever does your recitation of the obvious change the fact that the two subjects, Ann Dunham, and Marcy Moore, are NOT the same person! Not at all. You obviously stopped at Snopes' claim and ate it up with a spoon, without looking for yourself.

cyberpainter wrote:
The sites that dispute it, and say they're of Obama's mother show these grainy photos of Moore which don't look like her, to dispute it, and I find their explanation and crappy examples far from conclusive.

Really? What sites? Which sites? Once again, that is precisely why I directed you to Snopes whose links are to pix of excellent, crisp, black & white publicity stills, with sharp resolution. Look for yourself! See! Learn!

cyberpainter wrote:
It's just another Obama smear. Now getting airplay on Stereolab's board. Aren't we lucky?

Well, you're not making much of your great good fortune, since you simply will not look.

I have begun to perceive that you are an Obama fan, willing to disbelieve her own eyes, whose prejudices must be preserved at all costs. You apparently mistake me to be one of those whom you categorize as "anti-Obama!" What a hollow, shallow, superficial (and mistaken) assessment.

cyberpainter wrote:
You should start using the word "opinion" rather than "fact" for your claims.

I am fairly fastidious about distinguishing my opinions and conclusions from facts. As I have said elsewhere in this Forum, a fact is a fact but not knowledge, knowledge is knowledge but not understanding, mere understanding is not wisdom.

Perfectly all right to see and disagree, but none is so blind as she who will not see.

Jan 13, 2012, 09:19

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

You're still calling your opinion facts.

Moving on...

Jan 13, 2012, 11:06

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index