Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Who is Mitt Romney?!
87 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

Re: Who is Mitt Romney?!

cyberpainter wrote:
It's how it is used by some in order to deliver a message. But to people like me, it doesn't deliver a message about him, but about how he is perceived by some idiots.

That other people perceive a different message than you do doesn't necessarily make THEM idiots.

cyberpainter wrote:
You are doing a good imitation (of an intolerant bigot) then.

Oh, please. Take a careful look at my replies to anyone on this Board, yourself included. I am not intolerant of anyone's perspective, in fact, quite the opposite. I am patient, offer the benefit of the doubt, and maintain my sense of humor with quite a few people you seem to treat peevishly.

cyberpainter wrote:
No, there are no facts that are undeniably true merely because I didn't delve for hours into refuting them. That doesn't follow.

Agreed. Facts which are undeniably true are thus whether or not you give them any thought.

I take your point to mean that there are certain assertions I have made, which you feel certain you could disprove if only you took the time to research and refute them.

But your 'feeling' is not sufficient reason for you to assume those facts are thereby disproved, simply by your thought to disagree with them.

Nor is such a 'feeling' reason enough for you to expect others to agree with you that those facts are thereby disproved, simply because you think so or say so.

Your opinions are valid, as opinions, just like anyone else's opinions. But your opinions do not automatically invalidate facts you disagree with.

Jan 12, 2012, 06:47

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: