Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
"Not concerned about the poor" (Romney)
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

BOTE_
381 posts

"Not concerned about the poor" (Romney)

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/01/10289765-romney-im-not-concerned-about-the-very-poor

In an interview this morning, CNN's Soledad O'Brien asked Romney about perceptions that he doesn't understand the needs of average Americans. In response, Romney said:

This is a time people are worried. They're frightened. They want someone who they have confidence in. And I believe I will be able to instill that confidence in the American people. And, by the way, I'm in this race because I care about Americans. I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it.

..But my campaign is focused on middle income Americans. My campaign you can choose where to focus. You can focus on the rich. That's not my focus. You can focus on the very poor. That's not my focus.

(In fact, according to the non-partisan Tax Policy Center, the largest benefits of Romney's tax plan go to the wealthy, not the middle class.)

Feb 01, 2012, 21:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

BOTE_
381 posts

Re:

Feb 01, 2012, 21:29