Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
NYC setlist: 10-03
7 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

archimago
2 posts

Re: NYC setlist: 10-03

I've been a huge Lab fan since the first days and have never missed a tour. Last night's show was terrible. I left after Oscillator because I didn't want to end up hating them and wanted to remember all of the shows that left me amazed.

The sound was terrible. Laetitia was barely understandable even when speaking, and whoever that guy was who was singing background falsetto surely has Mary rolling over in her grave. Double Rocker, one of my favorites, was a mess. Chemical Chords was painful to listen to. It's almost as if they didn't rehearse or something. No horns, even.

There were moments when they hit a groove and you can tell they still could be a forceful live band, but the first half of the show was a disaster. If someone comes on and says the second half was amazing, I still won't regret leaving.

And maybe I am just getting old, but not going on until 11? And making us listen to Anti-Pop Consortium was just wrong. They sucked worse than the Lab.

They used to pack Irving Plaza three nights in a row. Last night was not sold out, not even close. I was upstairs and there were maybe 50 people up there.

Oct 04, 2008, 18:20