Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
NYC setlist: 10-03
7 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

calapia
calapia
252 posts

Re: NYC setlist: 10-03

Well, I was there at the same show, and while I agree there were some things shaky about certain moments of the set, I thought as a whole it was really good. Chemical Chords, which is my favorite track on the cd, did end up coming off a little tentative, but I thought the end of Double Rocker totally killed it. And as much as I thought I wouldn't be into the male back up vocals, I thought the guy did a great job. Nothing amazing, but a nice filling in of the parts. Also, Irving Plaza is known for its shitty sound, and the groop definitely looked like they were struggling with the sound, and with the sound men. I mean, just look at the guys who work there and their line up when Stereolab aren't there. Sevendust? Avenged Sevenfold? Geez, wonder what they thought of this odd cinematic electro pop group.

And I personally thought Anti-Pop totally ruled. The opening of their set was really amazing, and they really got the "too cool for you" New York crowd going.

I wouldn't say the Lab were on the top of their game, but I think it was a good show.

Oct 04, 2008, 20:53