Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
1/3 adults with teddy bears
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

BOTE_
381 posts

1/3 adults with teddy bears

What the hell is going on out there? lol

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/weird/35-Percent-Of-UK-Adults-Bring-Their-Teddy-Bears-to-Bed-140707033.html

...About 35 percent of British adults admitted they sleep with a teddy bear to de-stress before bedtime, according to a Travelodge survey.

..25 percent of men polled said they bring their bears on business trips because the cuddly creatures remind them of home, while 10 percent of women said they treat their teddy bear as a good friend with whom they share their most intimate secrets.

According to the survey, 51 percent of British adults sad they still have their childhood teddy bears. The average teddy in the country was 27 years old.

Ten percent of single men surveyed said they hid their bear when their girlfriend stayed over, while 14 percent of married men hid their teddies when family and friends visited.

But some men aren't bashful about their bears 26 percent of males polled said it was perfectly acceptable to have a teddy at any age.

Feb 29, 2012, 04:40

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2787 posts

Re: 1/3 adults with teddy bears

Brits!

Feb 29, 2012, 04:53

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Yes I guess they like bears. I had a Paddington Bear. My most recent bear was a gift and I named it Joe and got some iron on letters in an animal print and ironed Joe onto his chest. Ouch! Poor Joe. These people must anthropomorphize their teddy bears. I lost Joe but I'll make a Joe 2.

Feb 29, 2012, 23:01

Normsk
Normsk
318 posts

I once worked with a grown man who had a collection of Teddy Bears at home, he took photos of them as well to show to us. It's a Brit thing!!

Feb 29, 2012, 23:18

BOTE_
381 posts

Normsk wrote:
I once worked with a grown man who had a collection of Teddy Bears at home, he took photos of them as well to show to us. It's a Brit thing!!

I use a pillow sometimes for elevation. I still have childhood stuff. I won't lie. But, sleeping with it..That's another thing. eh

Mar 01, 2012, 00:20

Dara
Dara
905 posts

BOTE_ wrote:
I use a pillow sometimes for elevation...

Interesting. I have never heard it called that before.

Mar 01, 2012, 00:54

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Mar 01, 2012, 04:11

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

I don't know, but I have a tiger in my tank and a monkey on my back.

Mar 01, 2012, 19:51

Normsk
Normsk
318 posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archibald_Ormsby-Gore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloysius_(Waugh)

Mar 01, 2012, 20:59

nsc283b
406 posts

I still have my childhood teddy bear. He sits in my lounge. He is 47 years old, has a bell around his neck, wears a knitted football strip, and he squeeks when you press his tummy. His name is Edward. I do not take him to bed.

Mar 02, 2012, 01:23

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index