Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Wild Honey (spanish band) recording with Tim Gane
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

Wild Honey (spanish band) recording with Tim Gane

http://jenesaispop.com/2012/03/23/wild-honey-graba-con-tim-gane-de-stereolab/

google traslate

Three years ago they released Wild Honey 'Epic Handshakes and a Bear Hug', but has been a hard long journey that has seen even after a replay official. Guille is already thinking about his next step and just announced the details of an album tomorrow, Saturday March 23 will begin recording with Tim Gane of Stereolab in Berlin.

In a blog post pointing to Stereolab as one of his favorite bands and has to get contact Tim Gane was "an affair" as "pass the songs, go to meet him and see his studio, recording drums and bass in Madrid Javi and Diego, record vocals with Anita in my house, make and remake songs ... ". Anecdotally, acoustic guitar goes with Tim because no such thing in their study.

http://thisiswildhoney.com/post/2012/03/23/grabacion-nuevo-disco-dia-1-berlin-tim-gane

Mar 23, 2012, 17:51

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Wild Honey (spanish band) recording with Tim Gane

hot-cha-cha!

Mar 23, 2012, 17:53

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
hot-cha-cha!

lol. Yeah it is exciting.

Mar 23, 2012, 18:01

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

I wonder how much he charges...

Mar 24, 2012, 20:59

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

less than we could offer if all of us chipped in )

Mar 24, 2012, 21:56

Normsk
Normsk
318 posts

It's like entering analogue synth heaven!

Mar 24, 2012, 22:57

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

new pictures tim's studio

http://thisiswildhoney.com/post/2012/03/25/grabacion-nuevo-disco-dia-2-toma-contacto-y-acusticas#c5523207

google translate

"The good news is that everything has been very comfortable since I knew the studio and Tim. When I managed to contact him late last summer, he told me that he wanted to produce the album, but put a condition before it was to know him and see how they had all assembled. Turns out this will be the first album produced outside of Stereolab, but not the first attempt. Bradford Cox of Atlas Sound was due to record here what ultimately became Parallax, but it seems that once stuck in the matter does not like anything the study. I guess if you're used to places equipped with the latest Tim Gane's study can be frightening, but precisely the grace is in all the pots and buses that have scattered, and ideas that may arise there".

Mar 25, 2012, 17:32

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Nice! Is that the first time photos were shown in the studio there?

Mar 25, 2012, 20:13

Normsk
Normsk
318 posts

Have they still got the Instant Zero studio?

Mar 25, 2012, 21:17

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Nice! Is that the first time photos were shown in the studio there?

yes, also the first photo in the first post is from the study

"Try to go around and telling the whole recording process. And put some cool pictures: the first of this post is the study of Tim: some dingy loft, shared with a sculptor and an artist (all very as I imagine was Berlin in the nineties), but full of amazing gadgets. For example, behind a door, covered by a cloth, is the electric harpsichord of a thousand songs by Stereolab and, by asking Tim for it, He said "for years that I do not use." We will have to dust it off because some harpsichord track down in the disk yes or yes.

The remaining photos are recording vocals with Anita in my home and the weekend I spent with Javi and Diego in Brazil Studies in Madrid where recorded bass and drums to work these days in Berlin."

http://thisiswildhoney.com/post/2012/03/23/grabacion-nuevo-disco-dia-1-berlin-tim-gane

Mar 26, 2012, 05:10

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index