Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Your Family Tree
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

BOTE_
381 posts

Your Family Tree

Anybody into this stuff? I watch those ancestry shows that come on sometime. We're able to go back a 100 years ago on my mom's family and some of that with my dad's.

Mar 30, 2012, 23:03

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Normsk
Normsk
318 posts

Re: Your Family Tree

No don't watch any of it, and would also be afraid of tracing the family tree, particularly if I stumbled across skeletons in the closet!

Mar 31, 2012, 00:28

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

My parents are quite into learning about it, and some branches of my tree even have family reunions. A couple of branches even have bound books with the history, I'm in at least one of them. I have French, Scot, English, and Dutch ancestry. One branch came over in the 1600', others later.

Mar 31, 2012, 09:52

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

As well, my parents sent me (and other relatives) a present one year: a photo album of lots of photos they recopied of ancestors. And they broke the album into sections according to family name, and had a family tree printed in the front. What a great gift and so much time put into it! And we are fortunate that we had people that saved so many old photos.

Mar 31, 2012, 21:27

Normsk
Normsk
318 posts

Thats interesting, my great-grandmother had a French surname, maybe that is why I like listening to Stereolab so much. :)

Apr 01, 2012, 00:05

and0rod4
692 posts

my mums family were refugees, escaping the cossaks.

Apr 01, 2012, 00:51

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Mine was hysterical. I can't believe my grandpa's mother's maiden name was Izzy Mae Gizzard !! Oh there's all kinds of funny stuff on there like 300 hundred years.

Apr 01, 2012, 03:19

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I found out I was Swiss. Yeah, I'm 1/3 Swiss.

Apr 01, 2012, 03:22

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

My dad is related to Sir Clifford of Skipton, of London England.

Apr 01, 2012, 04:12

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I thought that was funny. Skiptown.

Apr 01, 2012, 04:14

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index