Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Will I ever stop unearthing good music?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Will I ever stop unearthing good music?

I say "no".

It seems to me that even if I lived for another hundred years, I will never get to it all. Just this week I dug up the Yoko Ono discography, Soundgarden's "Ultramega OK" and REM's "New Adventures in Hifi". I also got into a bit of Shriekback. Then I saw that I should be giving Dream Syndicate a go (is that true?). And then there is all the stuff I haven't listened to enough (Bibio, Seeperbold is such a great song). I haven't heard as much good that is new (except Onehtrix Point Never) but I don't doubt it is out there. I will probably discover it in a year or two.

The world is so full of great music.

Apr 15, 2012, 15:04

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Will I ever stop unearthing good music?

I used to like Dream Syndicate- Days of Wine and Roses. Haven't heard it in years to know whether it has held up.

Apr 15, 2012, 19:58

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

I certainly hope you don't stop.

Here's a gem that I found recently:

Apr 15, 2012, 20:46

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Whenever I find something like this, I'm reminded that there's tons of great stuff waiting to be heard:

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I'd never heard of this and never heard anyone mention it before.

Apr 15, 2012, 22:19

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

No there are too many types and periods of music to run out of good music. It's the great music I'm interested in and every now and then I find some.

Apr 15, 2012, 22:26

and0rod4
692 posts

i just listened to radioheads cochella set.

will listen to good music soon, tho//

orderd some records from Norman Records...

not come yet./.

Apr 16, 2012, 00:59

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Happened upon this thread doing a search for Bibio.

Yay for freshly discovered music!

Jun 15, 2013, 04:34

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

no

Jun 15, 2013, 04:53

hito
hito
1745 posts

That was good. Thanks for that.

Jun 15, 2013, 15:11

elw
53 posts

your taste in music isn't that great you know...

:)
*runs for cover*

Jun 16, 2013, 08:09

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index