Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yay Obama, finally!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

Re: Yay Obama, finally!

Am I mistaken, or does it not really matter that he supports gay marriage? Doesn't he believe it's up to the states to decide? And thus, in essence, isn't he really just saying that he supports it, instead of supporting it?

May 12, 2012, 02:23

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

he's the president! of course it matters!

May 12, 2012, 03:12

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

meanchico wrote:
he's the president! of course it matters!

Yes, it has a positive effect.

May 12, 2012, 03:15

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

as a gay man, I can't tell you how elated I was when I found out.

it feels like a turning point. a HUGE one.

May 12, 2012, 03:18

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

meanchico wrote:
as a gay man, I can't tell you how elated I was when I found out.

it feels like a turning point. a HUGE one.

I know. I can feel that too, and I want to share in the happiness of my gay friends. You deserve to be treated the same way as everyone else and have the same rights.

I just feel like more could and should be done, and I'm kind of suspicious.

May 12, 2012, 03:21

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:
Here's what Obama was doing 5/8/12:

Are these two issues part of his 'ObamaCare Distraction'?

Not a one of you had any response to this and it's ramifications. It means I can't protest Obama if I'm gay. Have any of you even read this ? This is what he DID the day before he said gay marriage SHOULD be ..."acceptable" (not his words). Is anyone following the correlation of events? and only in 2013 this will be acceptable, the same campaign promise from 2008. What IS wrong with people? Hey, I like the guy. We have no choice but to reelect him but I guarantee you if it meant a Democratic majority he would NOT pass gay marriage , uh, um maybe in 2015. and he'll be voted down.
Where's our national health care system? Countries with homosexual marriage have hundred year + National Health care systems in place (excluding Canada) and national retirement pensions.

May 13, 2012, 05:38

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:
Here's what Obama was doing 5/8/12:

Are these two issues part of his 'ObamaCare Distraction'?

Not a one of you had any response to this and it's ramifications. It means I can't protest Obama if I'm gay. Have any of you even read this ? This is what he DID the day before he said gay marriage SHOULD be ..."acceptable" (not his words). Is anyone following the correlation of events? and only in 2013 this will be acceptable, the same campaign promise from 2008. What IS wrong with people? Hey, I like the guy. We have no choice but to reelect him but I guarantee you if it meant a Democratic majority he would NOT pass gay marriage , uh, um maybe in 2015. and he'll be voted down.
Where's our national health care system? Countries with homosexual marriage have hundred year + National Health care systems in place (excluding Canada) and national retirement pensions.

Is that you slushy or is it your buddy?

May 13, 2012, 05:56

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Hr 347 did you read it? It means that you cannot be at a function where the president is, any president, at any function ie. baseball game, etc. and hold up any type of anti-that president protest sign or you would face 1-10 yrs in jail.
It also states that the president by memorandum, just because he feels like it (ie. Cindy Sheehan) can also imprison you under this new law which has been passed.
So, since he passed this evil and unconstitutional law he had to "come out" with some redeeming diversion the next day and it looks like he's been successful. but do yourself some research on HR 347. You'll find it on moderate, left, and right sites.

May 13, 2012, 17:33

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

No, it's me. I was looking forward to this healthcare plan since I'm going to be on it.

May 13, 2012, 17:38

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Hr 347 is an urgent issue right now. Where gay marriage is a campaign promise for 2013 and gays and lesbians or straight people won't be able to protest Obama on that in his presence without risking imprisonment.
I'm guessing none of you bothered to read it. It passed in Congress.

May 13, 2012, 17:46

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index