Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yay Obama, finally!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Yay Obama, finally!

cyberpainter wrote:
You mean that there's a good chance he'll lose in November? I'm not quite as pessimistic. Of course I'm from a more liberal area of the country. But I notice myself and others are finally getting pretty indignant, fired up, donating more, and having a great interest in fighting back. I know the honeymoon is over, but that's the way in most second term elections. The looney wing of the party is doing Romney a great disservice, and we need to keep their connections in the spotlight. People forget pretty quickly. And I like that Obama is fighting back early and hard with videos about him closing a company, showing his ruthlessness etc. That sort of thing will resonate.

yes, i think he will lose.

i don't trust that anything will resonate. i have very low hope for a voting public that elected a tea party congress last time.

i hope i'm wrong.

May 24, 2012, 07:17

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

Well women are pretty fired up. There hasn't been this much feminist political activism for a long long time.

May 24, 2012, 09:01

kanaka
391 posts

which continent? in Asia?

May 24, 2012, 10:39

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Considering the super packs, they better hit pretty hard.

It's Super PACs, not packs.

I have some pretty good confidence that he will win again in November, but I'm a little afraid of the mass ignorance out there that incorrectly thinks Obama is a big spender, etc.

May 24, 2012, 16:42

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

Labhead wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:

I have some pretty good confidence that he will win again in November, but I'm a little afraid of the mass ignorance out there that incorrectly thinks Obama is a big spender, etc.

Haha, yes PACs of course.

And the lies will continue, we have Rove and the Koch brothers and their ilk involved.

May 24, 2012, 19:28

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Well women are pretty fired up. There hasn't been this much feminist political activism for a long long time.

i hope you're right, but in '04 we saw the biggest protesta in history in DC over the war ect...and hail to the chimp still won.

May 24, 2012, 20:20

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:

i hope you're right, but in '04 we saw the biggest protesta in history in DC over the war ect...and hail to the chimp still won.

Yeah true.

Well technically he lost, but the supreme court gave it to him.

Planned Parenthood has an ongoing battle, they just introduced legislation in PA to defund it, after Arizona did it. And they don't go quietly. With the continuation of these issues in the states, it will remain in the top of many women's minds such as myself. The so called "war on women" is in the media every day. Obama can be looked upon by women and gay people as being on their side, even if he doesn't do enough. Maybe that will help him.

May 24, 2012, 20:57

kanaka
391 posts

Labhead wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:

the white man's burden (kipling)

May 24, 2012, 21:59

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Well technically he lost, but the supreme court gave it to him.

You're thinking of when he "won" in 2000. 2004 was when many think the election was stolen due to the electronic voting machines, partially because the head of Diebold promised Bush that he would deliver Ohio's votes to him (which ended up mysteriously happening at the last minute, when the exit polls were 'wrong' for the first time ever and the vote percentages suddenly flipped around).

May 24, 2012, 23:30

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1224 posts

cyberpainter wrote:

I know this is an election video, but it's a pretty good one. He does need to be doing more, but I think it's pretty bold in an election year, with the amount of hatred, such as the dangerous sickos out there like Pastor Worley and Rep Andy Gipson.

Wow, that's pretty bold. I'm impressed. He's been walking the walk (putting two lesbians on the Supreme Court, ending "don't ask don't tell" etc) - but to come out and say it like that is really something.

May 25, 2012, 06:26

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index