Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Now Playing
Pages: 26 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Now Playing

Jesus and mary Chain - "the power of negative thinking" Bsides and rarities
disk one
then
Shirley Collins - Best of

Oct 05, 2008, 03:37

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover *bow wow*
Mars Rover *bow wow*
92 posts

Deerhoof

What am i not getting about them? i can't get into it. Everyone loves them.

Oct 05, 2008, 03:57

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Kazak wrote:

New Order - Movement

Previously The Cure - Carnage Visors

Excellent choices.

Oct 05, 2008, 04:26

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

waxenpith wrote:
Jesus and mary Chain - "the power of negative thinking" Bsides and rarities
disk one

Is that worth it if I already have Barbed Wire Kisses, Hate Rock and Roll, and The Sound of Speed?

Oct 05, 2008, 04:28

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: Deerhoof

Mars Rover *bow wow* wrote:

I think a lot of their older stuff is self indulgent noise. But the krauty songs on Friend Opportunity are great! And the sort of simple odd vocals on top are a nice contrast. That one really worked for me because the songs are really well put together. Great stuff.

Oct 05, 2008, 09:48

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

Scott Walker - Scott 2

Oct 05, 2008, 10:56

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Im not sure there are 80 tracks, im not some crazy JAMC fan, but the packaging is some of the most gorgeous ive seen. and all the songs seem well mastered to the same levels. The cover of my girl and surfin USA are a good giggle. i dont know if they are on the recordings you own. Best way is to just sit down and stroke out all the songs you own and evaluate for yourself. However the mastering is pretty damn good.

Oct 05, 2008, 14:53

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Deerhoof

Mars Rover *bow wow* wrote:

I concur. I'll try them again, but man all i remember was being bored.

Oct 05, 2008, 14:58

EnosEmurf
EnosEmurf
22 posts

Not sure how you can be bored with Deerhoof's older stuff. Milk Man & Apple O are anything but boring, heavier than concrete drumming and creative guitar playing can never get old to me. I don't really like the newest one,and I didn't like Friend Opportunity too much either but Deerhoof of old is amazing in my opinion.

To answer the question:

The Little Ones - Lovers Who Uncover

Oct 05, 2008, 16:33

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Deerhoof

I think its the vocal that i find boring. Its just kind of the same in a lot of stuff. Not really singing.

Oct 05, 2008, 17:08

Pages: 26 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index