Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Now Playing
Pages: 26 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Now Playing

GANG GANG DANCE.

It came in today and i listened to it and instantly thought Garebear and Hobo would like it. I think it needs a few good listens before it really sinks in. But very spacey and neat with a (not always present) Female vocal.

Social Registry in North america

Warp in the UK.

Feb 14, 2009, 01:34

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Faust
Faust
44 posts

just played Mike Oldfield's Amarok in full and as it was coming to a triumphant end I found my missing first disc of Aluminum Tunes inside Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. woo.

Feb 15, 2009, 13:20

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

waxenpith wrote:
It came in today and i listened to it and instantly thought Garebear and Hobo would like it. I think it needs a few good listens before it really sinks in. But very spacey and neat with a (not always present) Female vocal.

Thanks mate, I'll check it out.

I'm listening to Bon Iver this weekend. Did you hear them yet? Pretty nice.

Feb 15, 2009, 23:08

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Air - Moon Safari

13 years later and it still amazes me.

Feb 16, 2009, 03:37

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
Air - Moon Safari

13 years later and it still amazes me.

Now it's:

Blonde Redhead- Tons Confession

i love them.

Feb 16, 2009, 03:57

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Feb 16, 2009, 04:21

revox
revox
800 posts

GaryB wrote:
Fu*k Buttons - Street Horrrsing

It's different, but really really great - kinda experimental droney but very melodic.

I've checked a few things out by these guys, and I was instantly blown away (anything that's ok by Andy Weatherall is fine by me) - but then the 'vocals' kick in - what the fu*K!
What a shame!
I don't even mind the similar structure of their stuff, I luv the sound, but man, those vocals (reminds me of some thrash metal band from the north with songs that lasted for about minute, I don't recall their name right now) - is there anything of the Fu*k Buttons that doesn't have the overloaded Karaoke mike effect?

~8^(

Feb 19, 2009, 22:58

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Ha - I actually like the vocals! I have read other people though who think it spoils the whole thing - you are not alone! I think all they have released is the LP and 2 singles from it (Weatherall does a remix on the 12" I think - mine is 'in the post'). They'll maybe do away with vocals all together for the next LP, whenever that is. Bloody great music mind.

Feb 19, 2009, 23:05

revox
revox
800 posts

GaryB wrote:
Ha - I actually like the vocals! I have read other people though who think it spoils the whole thing - you are not alone! I think all they have released is the LP and 2 singles from it (Weatherall does a remix on the 12" I think - mine is 'in the post'). They'll maybe do away with vocals all together for the next LP, whenever that is. Bloody great music mind.

I agree, monster, monster. Do you know, has Weatherall's mix got the vox in too?

~8^)>

Feb 19, 2009, 23:11

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

revox wrote:
I agree, monster, monster. Do you know, has Weatherall's mix got the vox in too?

~8^)>

I've not heard it yet. Its not arrived yet :(

It's on itunes - 79p for 8+ minutes!

Feb 19, 2009, 23:21

Pages: 26 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index