Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Now Playing
Pages: 26 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Now Playing

That doesn't always work though, sometimes the latest reply is buried in the threads somewhere. The design needs improvement.

Apr 07, 2009, 13:30

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
That doesn't always work though, sometimes the latest reply is buried in the threads somewhere. The design needs improvement.

Mm. Not really. The top part contains the direct 'Replies' section to the OP: this is the best way to directly respond to the OT, in this case, 'Now Playing'. The latest 'Posts' are at the bottom.

The fastest way to post what it is that you are 'Now Playing' is to start at page 1 of the OP's topic, then click on 'Reply'. In this case it's Mars Rover *bow wow* that made the post; just reply (without quote), simple.

My response to cyberpainter, whose post was a 'response' to killashandra - but it wasn't really a response to killashandra, was it, it was just seen as the quickest way to post what cyberpainter was playing right now (talk about a piggyback) - is to be found in the 'Topic Outline' at the bottom. This is because my response is not in direct reply to Mars Rover *bow wow*, it is to cyberpainter.

The lower part is purely the Topic Outline and that is in date and time order with the most recent at the bottom - it works fine, it's designed fine. The real MAJOR problem that still exists is that one that I pointed out at Christmas, in the NEWS section. Click on Older News, no probs, however, click on Newer news and it's TARDIS city man, one keeps going back... now that needs fixing.

~8^)>

Apr 07, 2009, 14:46

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

dvorak slavonic dance

copland violin sonata

Apr 07, 2009, 14:54

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

revox wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:

Mm. Not really. The top part contains the direct 'Replies' section to the OP: this is the best way to directly respond to the OT, in this case, 'Now Playing'. The latest 'Posts' are at the bottom.

~8^)>

Well, I still disagree. I think it needs improvement.

Apr 07, 2009, 15:06

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

my baby

ferde grofe

indie/pop/rock music embarasses me. you couldn't pay me to listen to it. it's torturously tortureful. I'm just not cool anymore. I wish I could find that nocturne for harp. I'm very serious about my classical lab studies.
I want my nocturne for harp. I want my nocturne for harp. give me the info on d& l just that one artist come on .

Apr 07, 2009, 15:46

revox
revox
800 posts

Mu Mu wrote:

Well, I still disagree. I think it needs improvement.

What do you suggest?

~8^|>

Apr 07, 2009, 16:20

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I agree with MuX2 about this. While it wouldn't be a perfect fix, the only way I can think of that would improve the situation and still keep the same format is to have today's posts (on any given day) display "today" instead of whatever date it happens to be (like it was on the old forum), on the actual thread index. That way they'd at least be a lot easier to pinpoint quickly.

Apr 07, 2009, 17:15

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Trout Mask Replica .... on repeat.

It's startin to make sense.

Apr 07, 2009, 17:26

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: my baby

it's faure or hasselmans I'm going to find it damn it.

Apr 07, 2009, 17:35

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5921 posts

revox wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:

The fastest way to post what it is that you are 'Now Playing' is to start at page 1 of the OP's topic, then click on 'Reply'. In this case it's Mars Rover *bow wow* that made the post; just reply (without quote), simple.

My response to cyberpainter, whose post was a 'response' to killashandra - but it wasn't really a response to killashandra, was it, it was just seen as the quickest way to post what cyberpainter was playing right now (talk about a piggyback) - is to be found in the 'Topic Outline' at the bottom. This is because my response is not in direct reply to Mars Rover *bow wow*, it is to cyberpainter.

The lower part is purely the Topic Outline and that is in date and time order with the most recent at the bottom - it works fine, it's designed fine. The real MAJOR problem that still exists is that one that I pointed out at Christmas, in the NEWS section. Click on Older News, no probs, however, click on Newer news and it's TARDIS city man, one keeps going back... now that needs fixing.

~8^)>

The topic outline doesn't appear to be in date and time order. It depends on who you're responding to doesn't it? I think a solution would be to do what was suggested long ago which is in flat mode, to have the last page available, not such a limited range of pages to click on.

Apr 08, 2009, 02:51

Pages: 26 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index