Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Now Playing
Pages: 26 – [ Previous | 120 21 22 23 24 25 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Now Playing

stereolab solar throwaway

Aug 24, 2009, 16:21

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:
Stereolab - Vortical Phonotheque

Man, this is a great jam!

One of my favorite songs that seems to go on all my mixes.

Chemical Chords is the most under rated Stereolab album.

Aug 24, 2009, 17:09

lique
lique
517 posts

Black Sabbath... The Wizard, on 45, in my mind!

Aug 24, 2009, 17:44

wracket
wracket
1426 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:

The opening bit's chords really sound like something right off of Magical Mystery Tour.

Aug 24, 2009, 19:30

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

wracket wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:

The opening bit's chords really sound like something right off of Magical Mystery Tour.

Hey, scary. 2 Beatles references in one day on the board.

lique mentioned 9/9/9 in another thread. That's the day that the Beatles boxes come out.

I love Hey Bulldog. What a class tune!

Aug 24, 2009, 22:33

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

On the office radio: Toby Keith - "Who's That Man Running My Life." God, hurry up 5:00 let me out of here!

Aug 24, 2009, 23:22

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

Man, I just cannot get into Chemical Chords one tiny bit. I hadn't listened in nearly a year and so the other day I gave it a shot. I couldn't even get past track 7 or 8 without getting twitchy, so I took it off and put in Margerine Eclipse instead. There's something about the prevalent beach-party bop vibe of CC that has started rubbing me entirely wrong. I just can't really get into any of the songs. Still feels like they're on autopilot to me.

Aug 24, 2009, 23:24

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Archigram wrote:
beach-party bop vibe

For realsies? It doesnt feel beachy to me at all. It feels very urban, city in the summer with air conditioning. Modern, Kind of cold. Complex and close together. (slightly claustrophobic)

Aug 25, 2009, 00:51

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

waxenpith wrote:
It feels very urban, city in the summer with air conditioning. Modern, Kind of cold. Complex and close together. (slightly claustrophobic)

It feels like autumn music to me (wool coats, soggy leaves, wet windshields, etc). Definitely music for driving - which is too bad, since I don't drive anymore.

Aug 25, 2009, 10:13

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
It feels like autumn music to me (wool coats, soggy leaves, wet windshields, etc). Definitely music for driving - which is too bad, since I don't drive anymore.

that was cobra for me. cept the driving part. cold walks with the pooch and a cigarette.

Aug 25, 2009, 13:24

Pages: 26 – [ Previous | 120 21 22 23 24 25 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index