Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Now Playing
253 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Now Playing

k. wrote:
Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi - Rome OST

Honestly, with the exception of a handful of artists, I have lost just about all interest in new music during 2011. I can't explain it, whether it's burnout, or merely the sense of ubiquitous deriviateness, there has been so so little which stands out. Today, at of all places a nearby FYE where I go exclusively to search the used DVDs while toning out the usual in-store assault of big-label shit ranging from Rod Stewart live concerts to your interchangeable top-40 auto-tune crud, I got shot in the head by this one. Definitely has a vintage late-60s/early-70s soundtrack quality, lush and baroque, at times I wondered whether Morricone or Vannier or Barry wasn't being sampled. Even Jack White and Norah Jones cannot diminish the beauty of these little productions. Think AIR, Hylozoists, Gane/O'Hagan, Burgalat.

Probably not as great as I'm making it out to be, but the combination of the setting (FYE) and the dearth of new music with any heart made this one stand out.

Interesting review, glad I didn't have to suffer with fye to get it... I'll definitely check it out.

Jun 14, 2011, 17:34

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: