Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
LYRICS : anybody's help please!
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Yorkiller
86 posts

LYRICS : anybody's help please!

This topic is about the groop's incomprehensible lyrics; Need some guys to translate it please (sometimes laetitia sings very oddly!!)

Jan 24, 2009, 12:27

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: LYRICS : anybody's help please!

What in particular are you having trouble with? I know someone here will be able to help! Sadly, a lot of the resources available 'til only recently have disappeared. Koly (though the mirror site may still be available I don't know) and the old green forum (which was recently upgraded to the forum you're now reading, but all data lost) both contained quite a lot. I have found their lyrics on other lyric resource sites on the internet before though.

Jan 24, 2009, 15:17

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Here is a useful resource that someone on here compiled a while ago (can't remember who, "Dcyper" maybe? Thanks!)

I kind of modified mine a bit, removing lyrics that were from cover versions and changing the formating of the text slightly, but no doubt someone on here will be able to send you the original version if needed.....

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=645559946&email=17556a88c1d372cfdf3392d90ffcfdf2

All the French lyrics are still in French though. There are translations for a lot of them on the Koly site (still working OK for me):

http://gzirra.homeip.net:8888/stereolab/songs/index.php

Hope this helps!

8 )

Jan 24, 2009, 17:34

Yorkiller
86 posts

still some songs with blanks (like new ortophony, the full version), I'm kind of disappointed when I hear this song and can't identify any propper english (or french) word!

Jan 24, 2009, 19:15

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

A lot of time its nonsense anyway, being all abstract and shit.

Jan 24, 2009, 23:05

Yorkiller
86 posts

Yeah, right but I can be a maniac sometimes when things aren't what I want them to be ;)

Jan 24, 2009, 23:20

Yorkiller
86 posts

Hi everybody!

Listening to Varoom! I noticed some good old french expression, but for the main part in english, I'm not sure (Maybe because I can't understand good old english!)

Feb 02, 2009, 10:26

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

amazing insight

hello handsome

Feb 02, 2009, 18:40

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: amazing insight ala Idiocracy

Haha.

Cheeso must be from the future, he sounds like he's out of that movie "Idiocracy".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/quotes

"Doctor: [Laughs] Right, kick ass. Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like..."

"Judge Hank "The Hangman" BMW: Now prosecutor, why you think he done it?
Prosecutor: 'Kay. Number one your honor, just look at him. And B, we've got all this, like, evidence, of how, like, this guy didn't even pay at the hospital. And I heard that he doesn't even have his tattoo.
[crowd boos]
Prosecutor: I know! And I'm all, 'you've gotta be shittin' me!' But check this out man, judge should be like
[bangs fist on table]
Prosecutor: 'guilty!' Peace. "

"Female Reporter: It started off boring and slow with Not Sure trying to bullshit everyone with a bunch of smart talk: 'Blah blah blah. You gotta believe me!' That part of the trial sucked! But then the Chief J. just went off. He said, 'Man, whatever! The guy's guilty as shit! We all know that.' And he sentenced his ass to one night of rehabilitation. "

Feb 02, 2009, 22:46