Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Atheism
141 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

Re: Atheism

Mars Rover wrote:
The Greatest wrote:
[quote="Mars Rover"] its confusing language to me. why would one believe we are "evolving toward god?" its really just made up - wishful thinking IMO.

If you look at all life forms from the least complex to the most complex, you'll see that there is a greater consciousness and ability in a human than there is in a microbe. If we have evolved from simple beings into more complex beings, then why is it wishful thinking to believe that process will continue?

yes, i know the process of evolution, i'm confused by the "toward god" part.

I have consciousness, but I don't have consciousness of all things at once because my perspective is limited. As I evolve spiritually, however, my awareness of things around me grows and so does my responsibility. I begin to see a larger picture. I believe that God is the unity and interconnectedness of all things, the web of life, or consciousness itself.

Jun 25, 2012, 20:39

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: