Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Atheism
141 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Atheism

The Greatest wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
The Greatest wrote:
Kazak wrote:
Not necessarily disagreeing here, but this is, however, not theism. I'm pretty neutral to this line of thinking.

I think what we have is a semantic difference. Maybe what I call God you call reality. I have no problem with praying or talking about God, and I think those things have real power. I also believe that there is something powerful in our rituals and our traditions about God, and that we shouldn't just throw them out.

ok, really confused now. didn't you say this earlier:

"I don't believe in a God who answers prayers, intervenes in human affairs, doles out tragedies, and helps athletes score touchdowns."

and now this:

"I think those things have real power."

???

Yes, I did say that. I don't believe the power of prayer comes from some imaginary God "out there" who intervenes in human affairs. I believe it comes from the vibrations created by the prayer. And ritual does have power. By traditions I mean the rituals and customs passed down by the church, not prayers at football games.

ok, well..i'll have to disagree about that, but we can't all think the same, thankfully.

Jun 25, 2012, 21:12

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: