Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
20 worst bands ever
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

20 worst bands ever

agree with every one of these, esp. #1.

that is rare

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/02/top_20_worst_bands_ever_complete_list.php?page=5

Aug 26, 2012, 20:43


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

huh, see also

The 20 Worst Hipster Bands

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/08/worst_hipster_bands_all_time_c.php?page=4

"Beach House: A wash of down-tuned Baltimore neo-soul, it's trip-hop for people who never knew Massive Attack and post-rock for those who missed Stereolab; in other words, derivative electro mush."

Aug 26, 2012, 21:10


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

Booklover wrote:
huh, see also

The 20 Worst Hipster Bands

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/08/worst_hipster_bands_all_time_c.php?page=4

"Beach House: A wash of down-tuned Baltimore neo-soul, it's trip-hop for people who never knew Massive Attack and post-rock for those who missed Stereolab; in other words, derivative electro mush."


that one is good too, i hate'em all. beach house is ok, ive seen the light on them recently. i went through a brief phase of liking them 2-3 yrs ago.

Aug 26, 2012, 21:29


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

I don't get how anyone could criticize the validity of Beach House's music. sure, they seem like pretentious hipsters, but holy shit do they deliver both recorded and especially live.

fun list for the most part. I do enjoy putting on "the" Fleet Foxes album at least once or twice a year when it's super cold out.

very happy to see LCD Soundsystem on here. I never got why they were so adored.

I was a bit surprised to see Animal Collective, but I guess I see the reasoning. I like a handful of their songs, but it's a very rare for me to listen to a full album anymore. it's all awfully creative, but not the most listenable.

Hootie....*shudder*

Aug 26, 2012, 21:39


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1426 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

Mars Rover wrote:
agree with every one of these, esp. #1.

that is rare

Great list, Marsy! I'm often accused (with some merit) of being a tad bit too hateful, but this list is really right up my alley--I didn't know one of the bands (presumably some contemporary R&B band) and I would say that I only loathe LCD Soundsystem and Wings more than actually "hate" them, but the list is really spot on...not a single complaint from my sad, hateful soul!

Aug 26, 2012, 22:26


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

I liked the Sex Pistols back in the day. It's punk, of course it's bad. That wasn't the point.

Aug 26, 2012, 22:48


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

I really hate that band Bon Jovi. I hate a lot of bands but Bon Jovi is one of the better bands I hate.
I'm proud to say I don't know any bands to hate because when I found out all the music was awful I stopped listening to it. I kept trying to buy records for 3-4 years and I was unsuccessful due to the hideous cacaphone nature of music.

Aug 26, 2012, 22:54


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

meanchico wrote:
I don't get how anyone could criticize the validity of Beach House's music. sure, they seem like pretentious hipsters, but holy shit do they deliver both recorded and especially live.

fun list for the most part. I do enjoy putting on "the" Fleet Foxes album at least once or twice a year when it's super cold out.

very happy to see LCD Soundsystem on here. I never got why they were so adored.

I was a bit surprised to see Animal Collective, but I guess I see the reasoning. I like a handful of their songs, but it's a very rare for me to listen to a full album anymore. it's all awfully creative, but not the most listenable.

Hootie....*shudder*


i understand the merits of beach house, i liked them a lot at one point. idk tho i think they wore off for me. i remember someone here quoted victoria as saying she hated bands that change from album to album, i think BH could use a little of that. i love bands that evolve over time like blonde redhead. BH is boring to me now.

Aug 26, 2012, 23:11


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

wracket wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
agree with every one of these, esp. #1.

that is rare

Great list, Marsy! I'm often accused (with some merit) of being a tad bit too hateful, but this list is really right up my alley--I didn't know one of the bands (presumably some contemporary R&B band) and I would say that I only loathe LCD Soundsystem and Wings more than actually "hate" them, but the list is really spot on...not a single complaint from my sad, hateful soul!


we are two peas in a pod hombre. i am a hate filled person as well. if we were 2 peas in a pod we'd end up hating each very quickly.

Aug 26, 2012, 23:12


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

Mars Rover wrote:
wracket wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
agree with every one of these, esp. #1.

that is rare

Great list, Marsy! I'm often accused (with some merit) of being a tad bit too hateful, but this list is really right up my alley--I didn't know one of the bands (presumably some contemporary R&B band) and I would say that I only loathe LCD Soundsystem and Wings more than actually "hate" them, but the list is really spot on...not a single complaint from my sad, hateful soul!


we are two peas in a pod hombre. i am a hate filled person as well. if we were 2 peas in a pod we'd end up hating each very quickly.


each *other* i meant

Aug 26, 2012, 23:12

Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index