Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
20 worst bands ever
73 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

vivakomeda wrote:
I'm fairly sure there are acts more offensive than Animal Collective or LCD Soundsystem or Pearl Jam. And Dave Matthews Band and Hootie and the Blowfish suck? Knock me over with a feather.

The guy who wrote that makes a living turning in snarky, unfunny little articles like that, and people commend him. It's a shame.

Taking the piss out of folks who take themselves a bit too seriously is the essence of comedy, after all...

Even if I were an AC fan, I'd still find this shit pretty funny:
"Animal Collective are a special kind of unlistenable: their albums don't reward active engagement, but they don't make good background music, either. Their brand of twee is cloying and grating like an attention-starved, sugar-crashing eight-year-old who wants you to admire his finger painting, while you're trying to wash the dishes."

I agree that Hootie and the Spin Doctors are fairly low-hanging fruit for the snarky music writer - but like fart jokes, their comedic potential never runs dry.

Aug 27, 2012, 01:43

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: