Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
20 worst bands ever
73 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: 20 worst bands ever

deadlyfingers wrote:
vivakomeda wrote:
I'm fairly sure there are acts more offensive than Animal Collective or LCD Soundsystem or Pearl Jam. And Dave Matthews Band and Hootie and the Blowfish suck? Knock me over with a feather.

The guy who wrote that makes a living turning in snarky, unfunny little articles like that, and people commend him. It's a shame.

Taking the piss out of folks who take themselves a bit too seriously is the essence of comedy, after all...

Even if I were an AC fan, I'd still find this shit pretty funny:
"Animal Collective are a special kind of unlistenable: their albums don't reward active engagement, but they don't make good background music, either. Their brand of twee is cloying and grating like an attention-starved, sugar-crashing eight-year-old who wants you to admire his finger painting, while you're trying to wash the dishes."

I agree that Hootie and the Spin Doctors are fairly low-hanging fruit for the snarky music writer - but like fart jokes, their comedic potential never runs dry.

careful, wouldn't want to offend those precious band's pyche's.

and also, the piece was written by many writers (one for each band) and i'm sure they don't "make a living" at it, having been a reviewer/columnist in the past.

Aug 27, 2012, 03:33

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: