Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

moonduck
moonduck
312 posts

Re: Avatars: REVISED.

Sometimes we are the voice of our significant other. Mine said the robot lady was like I was "sittin' there neckit".I happended upon this duck guy who appears (by body language) to be on a mission.

Oct 26, 2008, 15:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

Re: Avatars: Getting to know you.

Like our shadows,
Our wishes lengthen as our sun declines.
- - - - Edward Young ?Night Thoughts?

Oct 29, 2008, 21:16

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

humph, my new Avatar is not showing.

Like our shadows,

Oct 29, 2008, 21:20

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

one more try.

Like our shadows,

Oct 29, 2008, 21:24

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Re: one more try.

Umm, I don't think the avatar is post-specific. (Meaning: once you got it to successfully show, it would work for all previous posts. [Meaning: you didn't have to post again. {But I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.}])

Oct 30, 2008, 00:13

augustus
augustus
54 posts

Plate a, the Gundestrup Cauldron

My avatar comes from this fascinating Iron age silver bowl found in Denmark in the 19th century. It is currently in the Nationalmuseet in Copenhagen which is one of the world great museums of history and archeology. If you are ever in Copenhagen it should go to the top of your list of places to visit.

The bowl dates from 200 to 100 BC and its origins are disputed. Originally thought to be Scandinavian other origins are proposed - Celtic, Gaulish and more recently Thracian, Persian, Indian.

It is stunningly beautiful, mysterious and powerful and depicts war, human sacrifice, mythic animals and gods and goddesses.

Oct 30, 2008, 09:34

crest
crest
63 posts

mooooooooo . . .

Oct 30, 2008, 19:50

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Re: Plate a, the Gundestrup Cauldron

Correction, if you are ever in Copenhagen you should immediately cross the bridge to Malmo. Copenhagen's a hole!

Oct 30, 2008, 22:28

Peepscat
24 posts

JS--Jeff? Is that you? If so, you are the person who introduced me to Stereolab back in Madison in 92-3.

Oct 31, 2008, 22:50

MrModular
MrModular
28 posts

I hope the avatar shows up this time. It was created by me, my being an artist and whatnot.

Nov 03, 2008, 01:29

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index