Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
psych soundtrack/library instrumentals
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

psych soundtrack/library instrumentals

I wanted to go more towards a psych theme this time.

A couple good ones from the somewhat underwhelming Flipper Psychout comp.

This second one seems like it would have more of an "exotica" label, and great for Halloween! Love it.

Oct 02, 2012, 09:56

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Re: psych soundtrack/library instrumentals

I really like Flipper Psychout, although I can possibly see why you might find it a bit underwhelming. It is a bit "dry", but for me that is part of the charm. You might prefer another compilation called Scoctopus, which is drawn from the same library, but is a lot more varied. Not sure how easy it is to get these days though.

But you're absolutely right about Castello Stregato. Incredble piece of music. I wish someone would put together a comp of all those strange Oronzo/Rino de Filippi library tracks from the 60s-80s. I think it would go down very well with 'Lab and Broadcast fans, perhaps more so than the library/soundtrack work of some of his contemporaries.

Oct 02, 2012, 12:38

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Oh and to add to the list there's this (which has inexplicably been slowed down a tad on this clip):

Oct 02, 2012, 12:44

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

musicforeels wrote:
I really like Flipper Psychout, although I can possibly see why you might find it a bit underwhelming. It is a bit "dry", but for me that is part of the charm. You might prefer another compilation called Scoctopus, which is drawn from the same library, but is a lot more varied. Not sure how easy it is to get these days though.

Thanks! I'll look for it. I do think there are some good songs on there, but since I heard "Castello Stregato" first, maybe I was expecting something else.

Oct 02, 2012, 19:28

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
musicforeels wrote:

Thanks! I'll look for it. I do think there are some good songs on there, but since I heard "Castello Stregato" first, maybe I was expecting something else.

Hmm, not a huge amount of stuff like that on Scoctopus either. But it does have stuff like this on it:

Flipper seem to be issuing a lot of stuff on MP3 at the moment, but nothing by Oronzo de Filippi as yet. Which is a shame, as some of his stuff is brilliantly bonkers. Like this for example:

Oct 02, 2012, 20:03

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Nice stuff. Angelo Baroncini - Sculturea Beat seems less pysch and more spy soundtracky to me. But I like it, right up my alley. Amedeo Minghi - Climax was more psych in my definition, nice.

Oct 03, 2012, 07:16

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Bit of a slow groovy one this, but pretty nuts in its own special way:

Uptempo and flutey, nice!

And finally:

Oct 10, 2012, 10:58

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

musicforeels wrote:

Flipper seem to be issuing a lot of stuff on MP3 at the moment, but nothing by Oronzo de Filippi as yet. Which is a shame, as some of his stuff is brilliantly bonkers. Like this for example:

Oh yes, I just realized of course I have Oronzo de Filippi - Meccanizzazione, obviously because of the Not Music association. I'll have to give that one another listen soon.

Oct 10, 2012, 18:54

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Good work guys! Keep 'em coming.

Oct 10, 2012, 19:03

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Well, there's this one for a start:

Oct 10, 2012, 19:30

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index