Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Woody Allen
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Re: Woody Allen

Penelope Cruz. . .one of the single-hottest women ever. I need to start a "Hot Women of the Planet Earth" thread. Penelope is in the top 5.

Cybele

Feb 02, 2009, 15:53

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

a theatre group here in san francisco did a production of a couple of his one act plays here not too long ago -- 'riverside drive' and 'central park west'. the recurring theme of infidelity that often shows up in his films also showed up in these and they were equally entertaining. 'central park west' reminded me a lot of 'crimes and misdemeanors'...

Feb 02, 2009, 16:05

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

These are the must-see movies IMO:

Interiors
September
Husbands and Wives
Stardust Memories
Match Point
Love and Death
Take the Money and Run
Zelig
Anything Else
Everyone Says I Love You
Sweet and Lowdown
Deconstructing Harry

...I'm sure others will disagree.

Feb 02, 2009, 16:05

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2784 posts

Cassandra's Dream was really good.

Small Time Crooks was hilarious.

Feb 02, 2009, 16:15

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2784 posts

His latest film is called 'Whatever Works'...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000095/

Feb 02, 2009, 16:18

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

he's got evan rachel wood in this next one, eh? he sure knows how to pick em...

Feb 02, 2009, 17:07

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2784 posts

And Larry David, too! Cool.

Feb 02, 2009, 17:20

k.
k.
407 posts

I mostly like his work, but sometimes reject his dour modern take on humans and human relations. Of all the films he's done, the only ones I dislike are Annie Hall, Manhattan Murder Mystery and Vicki Christina Barcelona. That's not a bad percentage. He's made great films in every so-called era.

Feb 02, 2009, 17:30

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

k. wrote:
I ... sometimes reject his dour modern take on humans and human relations.

I think that's one of the big things I like about him. Underneath all the humor we see glimpses of this existential dread and hopelessness that you know just plagues Allen's mind; he seems to believe that people are capable of any kind of wrongdoing. I see it as related to his atheism / lack of belief in any kind of universal order. Some of my favorite artists are atheists.

Feb 02, 2009, 17:37

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

I'm always a big fan. Even some of the lesser ones are at least very watchable.

Haven't seen the latest one yet.

Feb 02, 2009, 17:42

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index