Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Woody Allen
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Woody Allen

cyberpainter wrote:

It doesn't just lead to young women being anorexic or being too self conscious about the way they look, it also leads to unrealistic expectations by boys and men. They are not out of the equation, in being victims of this and also being responsible. We're all as a society responsible.

I don't think so. Most men I know prefer women with healthy-looking bodies and wide hips. It's women themselves who seem obsessed with looking like skinny, prepubescent boys.

Feb 12, 2009, 17:30

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

right, of course it's all women's fault, sexism is just a figment of their imagination!

Feb 12, 2009, 17:42

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

ps, I'm not criticizing your friends, I'm talking in generalities.

Feb 12, 2009, 17:48

killashandra
killashandra
109 posts

Match Point reminds me of the role that luck plays in determining everyone's destiny.

Feb 12, 2009, 17:57

killashandra
killashandra
109 posts

Sexism does prevail, but is also about control. Men, especially older ones, tend to need control or a feeling of dominace over their mate. It may not be expressed in the relationship, but it prevails within his mind. More mature women who carry experience and wisdom with themselves are not perceived by men to be as submissive as younger women. There is something I overheard in a conversation between two men: "they got to be pretty or they got to be young".
The (male controlled) media is at fault as well. Men are bombarded with images of young slender women to the point of subliminal brainwashing.

Feb 12, 2009, 18:47

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
right, of course it's all women's fault, sexism is just a figment of their imagination!

It's a complicated subject to say the least. Your frustration is understandable. I'm just pointing out that many women THINK guys want them to be stick figures, when they don't.

Feb 12, 2009, 18:48

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: GILF or DILF?

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:

As long as there are no GILFs, sexism prevails!

Guys I'd Like to...?
Shouldn't that be DILF? Since it's Mom's I'd Like to... it would be Dads I'd Like to, right?

:)

Feb 12, 2009, 18:51

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Or fashionistas -- many of which aren't interested in women.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that).

Cybele

Feb 12, 2009, 18:54

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: GILF or DILF?

The G is 4 Grannies, Grandmothers, etc...

Feb 12, 2009, 18:56

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

yeah, that's a theme woody likes to explore often. he does so in 'crimes and misdemeanors' too...

Feb 12, 2009, 19:17

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index