Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Woody Allen
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: GILF or DILF?

Labhead wrote:
[quote="Left Boob Oscillator"]
DILF?

I think if you are a gay man you say DILF (Dad i'd like to funk).

If you are a straight woman i beleive it's a D.I.D. (Dad I'd Do) As generally a straight woman doesnt Funk things. They get funked, or "did" as it were instead of being done..... Unless they are into strap ons and domination which i am sure is even less common than we'd like to think. This is altogether getting to confusing to explain.

Feb 12, 2009, 19:25

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: GILF or DILF?

waxenpith wrote:
woman doesnt Funk things. They get funked, or "did" as it were instead of being done.....

Instead of doing the doing...

*blink*

nevermind.

Feb 12, 2009, 19:27

killashandra
killashandra
109 posts

Re: Woody Allen

seems like the more experience I gain the the luckier I get!

Here is quote I found from Woody:

"People are afraid to acknowledge or to face what huge dependency they have on luck,". "There's a tendency to think we have great control over our lives or some control, but the truth of the matter is that we don't have the control that you think. You think you have control - you think if you get up in the morning, you exercise, you eat right and don't smoke, you will be healthy. But it doesn't work that way - you still get cancer and you still get hit by a bus. So much is luck. But if you face that, it's a very unpleasant feeling. You like to feel 'I have some control over events' ... You do have some control, but much less than you think"

Feb 12, 2009, 20:11

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

killashandra wrote:
seems like the more experience I gain the the luckier I get!

Here is quote I found from Woody:

"People are afraid to acknowledge or to face what huge dependency they have on luck,". "There's a tendency to think we have great control over our lives or some control, but the truth of the matter is that we don't have the control that you think. You think you have control - you think if you get up in the morning, you exercise, you eat right and don't smoke, you will be healthy. But it doesn't work that way - you still get cancer and you still get hit by a bus. So much is luck. But if you face that, it's a very unpleasant feeling. You like to feel 'I have some control over events' ... You do have some control, but much less than you think"

He's affected by gravity, necessity, chaos. At the root of his humor is fatalism.

Feb 13, 2009, 02:18

killashandra
killashandra
109 posts

We are all bombarded by gravity, necessity and chaos. It boils down to being an optimist or a pessimist. FATALISM. I seem to be having a fascination with this term. It implies impending doom or it is too late for any hope at all. The dictionary defines it as ?the doctrine that all events are predetermined by fate and are therefore unalterable.? You know, that is the humor in fatalism. The fact that it is too late. So then you cry or you have the strength of character to laugh!

Feb 13, 2009, 16:26

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

The other extreme of gravity is grace. I'm fond of Simone Weil's writings on the subject. She was no stranger to affliction.

Allen is an atheist, so for him there is no transcendence.

Feb 13, 2009, 17:22

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

I can't find the quote, but Woody Allen gave an interview a few years ago where he said that he keeps making movies so that he doesn't have to think about death.

Feb 13, 2009, 18:51

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
I can't find the quote, but Woody Allen gave an interview a few years ago where he said that he keeps making movies so that he doesn't have to think about death.

Here's a similar article (not the same one)...he calls life a "meaningless flicker" and keeps working so he doesn't have to "see the big picture."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/151533/output/print

Feb 13, 2009, 19:01

killashandra
killashandra
109 posts

got to run, will check those out. Thanks.

Feb 13, 2009, 19:12

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

mirtchevman wrote:
yeah, that's a theme woody likes to explore often. he does so in 'crimes and misdemeanors' too...

I just watched that one again.

Mar 23, 2009, 18:37

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index