Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Godspeed ...
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

Godspeed ...

You! Black Emperor's return from their 10 year 'I Hate Us' is currently blowing the f*cking cobwebs from inbetween my ears AWWWWSOMMMMMMMME!

Odd, I've known of their existence but this is my first purchase (wax), what's the general consensus amongst labjunkies?

~8^)>

Oct 14, 2012, 22:14

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Godspeed ...

Got my LP with bonus 7" ordered! Reviews seem to be universally positive. I'm excited.

Oct 15, 2012, 15:28

revox
revox
800 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Got my LP with bonus 7" ordered! ... I'm excited.

It's a lovely package all around - an' you know I'm not talking Linford, here - it's just, phwwwoaaarrrrr, suits you sir!!!

There're some tracks on YouTube but, believe me, they really don't do it justice.

I know you be luvin Earth 'n' F*ck Buttons type stuff, GaryB, so you'll be adorin' this.

I could prob look on YouTube, but do you rate any other GY!BE stuff?

~8^)>

Oct 15, 2012, 16:12

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

You've reminded me to re-investigate them. I'll have a look into this new one. I've only one CD of theirs which has two long tracks - one great one iffy. I think they are one of those bands you ned to be in the mood for - very grand and sombre. Almost Arvo Part-esque at times. They certainly like their minor keys.

Oct 16, 2012, 11:41

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

It is a great package! The music is unmistakably Godspeed (God's Pee!) which is making me rather nostalgic.

I have been a fan of the band for a lot of years. Side 1 of their first lp is still my favourite 'passage'.

I think Harold is referring to the Slow Riot/Canada EP. Also good!

Oct 16, 2012, 12:17

vivakomeda
744 posts

Not 100% suited to my tastes but true to form, there are a few moments where it gets INTENSE in there in a way only they can.

9.9/10

Oct 17, 2012, 09:47

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I just found out this band on another forum last week and listened to "lift your little fists to heaven" liked it even if it was really studio musician-y.i'll buy that and check this out too. Reminded me of Sigor Ros a little

Oct 17, 2012, 22:01

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

It's good stuff to me.

Oct 17, 2012, 23:01

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Godspeed You! Black Emperor

The new album is really great (IMO). Horns, screechy violins, feedback, squally guitars and melodies.

Psyched to see them in a few weeks :D

Sep 25, 2017, 21:13

peturv
180 posts

Re: Godspeed You! Black Emperor

GaryB2 wrote:
The new album is really great (IMO).

I've listened a couple of times and it sounds good. got kinda bored of GY!BT type music about 15 years ago after a short obsession, but it is fine coming back to it now and then.

Sep 26, 2017, 17:44