Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
2012 Election Predictions?
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: 2012 Election Predictions?

s_lush_s wrote:
Yeah Gary, the War on Women began with Mitt Romney, we all know that. Just go ask that little girl who was shot in the head by the Taliban I'm sure she blames "Mitt Romney".
Some people are so ungrateful for their standard of living and it's despicable and that goes for men, too. The war on women is an international human rights problem. Not some mild disturbance.

No one said anything about women in other parts of the world not having it worse. But what you wrote is a typical deflection on real issues here at home related to women's rights. Also no one blames Mitt Romney for starting the so called war on women. It was started gradually in the states with stealth attacks in legislation. His catering in the primaries to right wing tea bagging idiots makes him complicit. His statement about getting rid of Planned Parenthood is despicable and that's just for starters.

Nov 03, 2012, 18:54

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Planned Parenthood provides 750,000 breast cancer screenings per year. Yeah, let's get rid of that.

Nov 03, 2012, 18:59

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

OBAMA 316
ROMNEY 222
(Popular vote razor thin win for Obama)

Nov 03, 2012, 21:28

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

If Susan B. Komen had their way they'd pull funding Planned Parenthood and they almost did so what the fuck is that about ? Conservatism? I don't think so.
I'm not for Mitt Romney, I'm about the facts.

Nov 04, 2012, 02:51

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Get with the times. The days of surgical abortions are nearing an end. This is the age of RU486 and having a doctor and medicare and insurance and teaching hospitals. Not scudsy clinics. This isn't the seventies. Planned Parenthood is like a methadone clinic.

Nov 04, 2012, 02:57

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
If Susan B. Komen had their way they'd pull funding Planned Parenthood and they almost did so what the fuck is that about ? Conservatism? I don't think so.
I'm not for Mitt Romney, I'm about the facts.

s_lush_s wrote:
Get with the times. The days of surgical abortions are nearing an end. This is the age of RU486 and having a doctor and medicare and insurance and teaching hospitals. Not scudsy clinics. This isn't the seventies. Planned Parenthood is like a methadone clinic.

There was a huge uproar when Susan B. Komen's conservative vice-president tried to pull that shit. That's why they ended up backing down and the conservative vp stepped down. There are your facts for you.

This is the age of having doctors and insurance? Then why are there so many uninsured? Get with the times? I just don't want to go back in time! And the tea bagging state legislatures trying to stick women with vaginal ultrasounds and restrict women's contraception makes all this very important. Any flippant comments about RU486 doesn't begin to tell the whole story. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, just not to impose them on others.

Nov 04, 2012, 05:10

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
Planned Parenthood is like a methadone clinic.

Oh, I didn't notice this one. What the hell are you talking about?

Nov 04, 2012, 05:12

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:

Gay Rights:
and he's put two lesbians on the Supreme Court.

There are no lesbians on the Supreme Court.

Nov 04, 2012, 06:12

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Importance of supreme court in this election.

http://90days90reasons.com/05.php

Nov 04, 2012, 06:16

hito
hito
1745 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I think our hito would like to be a dictator. ;)

An arrogant diatribe about these pesky poor people, who ruin democracy along with all the other people who just aren't expert enough to see their folly. Humans are such idiots, he says, why can't experts modeled after my own view run the world!

Stop pontificating like you are in court. Why respond in the 3rd person?

"Ladies and gentlemen of the forum, I now present to you a disingenuous straw man version of a discussion my democrat convention education cannot possibly grasp. But I call on your ignorance to enable me to prove that stupidity and the catch-cry 'democracy' are more powerful than an analysis that could not be covered in 10 seconds of Fox News. I present to you, exhibit A: my inane diatribe that engages with a few choice words from another complex thought. I remind you to take note of my personal attack on a discussion in which I will assume the voice of somebody who is not actually addressing my perceived 'opponent'"

You're idiotic reply demonstrates an inability to engage in serious debate. The fact that you even engage in debate with Slushy indicates that your intellect is one of the commercial TV variety. I spoke nothing of specifically following my world view other than to say that there would be something dictatorial in simply imposing another paradigm. I spoke only of poor people through a paradigm and not through your straw man. Your juvenile reply demonstrates exactly my point. Thank you for proving that status quo ignorance is overwhelmingly nauseating. You are the contented middle that rides high on the false hopes of democracy. Your Mills and Boon reply to my Jane Austen demonstrates exactly why slow evolution will happen for the very women you claim to care about. Next time, get an education and read my post before posting your "party of five" philosophy.

Nov 04, 2012, 12:33

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index