Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
2012 Election Predictions?
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: 2012 Election Predictions?

matthew6 wrote:
hito wrote:
Democracy is a bad idea.

The most prosperous nations in human history are democracies.

So what? Go back and read what I wrote instead of arguing against a point that I conceded.

My point was exactly about prosperity and it's impact on people's decisions. People who prosper are often conservative to a fault. Prosperity is not in itself a good thing.

If prosperity comes to the detriment of the environment then something needs to change (IMO, as I already said). If people are prosperous in a system where some people are guaranteed to be ignorant hicks, something needs to change (IMO, as I already said). Read my post instead of tweeting something that the CEO of Kelloggs would after moving his business offshore to "democratic" India.

Nov 04, 2012, 12:43

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Despite whether or not I agree with your points, which why would I choose to address them considering the way you've chosen to respond to others who've attempted, it's the system I have to work with.

Nov 04, 2012, 15:59

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

hito wrote:
matthew6 wrote:
hito wrote:
Democracy is a bad idea.

The most prosperous nations in human history are democracies.

So what? Go back and read what I wrote instead of arguing against a point that I conceded.

My point was exactly about prosperity and it's impact on people's decisions. People who prosper are often conservative to a fault. Prosperity is not in itself a good thing.

If prosperity comes to the detriment of the environment then something needs to change (IMO, as I already said). If people are prosperous in a system where some people are guaranteed to be ignorant hicks, something needs to change (IMO, as I already said). Read my post instead of tweeting something that the CEO of Kelloggs would after moving his business offshore to "democratic" India.

Ok. Glad you cleared things up.

Nov 04, 2012, 16:33

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I live in an extremely conservative area of the country and women are revered.

There is no substitute for proper gynecology with a licensed physician.

Anyone can obtain their Obamacare if they make the effort and receive proper healthcare. If I can, you can; it takes some effort.

I'm not feeling any war on women. I don't really think you need to worry about Romney winning. But, question under whose administration are urban women feeling these threats ? That's unfortunate for you. Obama has done nothing but award me.

Planned Parenthood is not proper gynecology and was originally a sterilization facility, with cruel roots in the Fabien Society.

I'm not going to discuss this because you're biased. You keep talking about this war on women and my life keeps improving.

Susan G. Komen is not conservative.

Nov 04, 2012, 16:38

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

On the classical forum we don't have ridiculous political discussions and talk about peoples personal problems. It's "smiles,everyone,smiles,"- Ricardo Maltablan

Nov 04, 2012, 16:42

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Forgive me forum for getting sucked into this pointless mutual diatribe. Sue, why don't you become politically active and work to resolve these "sudden" problems women are facing.
Yeah everybody, women just started getting sexually assaulted in America since the first 2012 Republican candidate debate sounds like this woman is saying. Let's free all the prisoners!
You need hope and xanax.
Put a fork in me because this is pointless. My life is wonderful. I have Bach.

Nov 04, 2012, 16:50

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

You demand that I stop pontificating? You?

Nov 04, 2012, 18:04

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

s_lush_s wrote:

The tea party wing of the House was harassing Planned Parenthood with an investigation at the time as to whether they were illegally diverting taxpayer funds to do abortions (they don't). Susan G. Komen was caving to political pressure to defund PP's breast cancer screening, and they used the investigation as their reasoning for doing so. The vp responsible for policy, Karen Handel, was a former religious anti-abortion activist and politician. It is true that many people within SGK disagreed with the decision, and some quit in protest. The organization as a whole may not be conservative, I do not know. But it was their money that supported PP's breast cancer screening that they were going to cut off, NOT money for abortions. PP is not a fly by night clinic, it provides life saving screenings.

When I do a google search, I'm always appalled by the extent of the anti-abortion machine's smear campaign against this health organization.

Nov 04, 2012, 18:32

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:

The tea party wing of the House was harassing Planned Parenthood with an investigation at the time as to whether they were illegally diverting taxpayer funds to do abortions (they don't). Susan G. Komen was caving to political pressure to defund PP's breast cancer screening, and they used the investigation as their reasoning for doing so. The vp responsible for policy, Karen Handel, was a former religious anti-abortion activist and politician. It is true that many people within SGK disagreed with the decision, and some quit in protest. The organization as a whole may not be conservative, I do not know. But it was their money that supported PP's breast cancer screening that they were going to cut off, NOT money for abortions. PP is not a fly by night clinic, it provides life saving screenings.

When I do a google search, I'm always appalled by the extent of the anti-abortion machine's smear campaign against this health organization.

Go build a tiny house or something.

Nov 04, 2012, 18:37

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:

A conservative, breast cancer organization that gives money to planned Parenthood. Has it every occurred to you that planned Parenthood does not follow healthcare protocol and is not up to JAHCO standards for the procedures it performs. That might be a reason people don't want to give them any money. My point is they are an insult to women and provide poor services. Everyone deserves a licensed physician. That is the point; it's not about conservatism it's about the quality of healthcare and you are not going to find it in an abortion clinic.
Go to your doctoc and be prescribed an RU486 like a responsible adult with humane healthcare instead of visiting the female vet.
Where do men with prostate cancer go?
It's a little weird this organization preys on the vulnerable. No thanks. I'm a woman. I don't need their pound of flesh charity. See ya.

Nov 04, 2012, 18:49

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index