Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
2012 Election Predictions?
87 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Re: 2012 Election Predictions?

GaryB2 wrote:
I know all the cool kids vote for Obama, however.... I'd be interested to hear peoples opinion of policies, brought in by Obama, that earn him a second term. Also, what policies of Romney are folks wary of?

The older I get the more I don't think it matters to me (Mr Average) who's in power.

That's exactly the sort of thing that I was saying during the Bush-Gore election - and boy was I wrong...

What has Obama done?

Health Care:
He pushed through a bill for universal health care. It's a bit of a bullshit compromise, but it's still a lot better than what any of his predecessors managed to accomplish.

Economy:
He provided a government bail-out and managed bankruptcy for that saved Chrystler and GM.

Environment:
He procured funding for renewable energy research, though he had to pretend it was 'economic stimulus' in order to get it through congress.

National Security:
He's been intelligent (ramping up funding for cybersecurity), cautious (staying out of Syria), and occasionally ruthless (murdering Gadaffi and Bin Laden) - in short: the kind of guy you want on your side.

Gay Rights:
He's allowed gays to serve openly in the military, he's provided vocal support for gay marriage, and he's put two lesbians on the Supreme Court.

As for Romney: David Brooks wrote a good article a while ago in which he lamented that the only time Mitt Romney has shown any backbone or consistency in his entire political career has been in the defense of his personal financial information. You have to admit that it seems to be an oddly telling bit of behavior.

Nov 02, 2012, 05:39

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: