Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
2012 Election Predictions?
87 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: 2012 Election Predictions?

s_lush_s wrote:

Susan G. Komen is not conservative.

The tea party wing of the House was harassing Planned Parenthood with an investigation at the time as to whether they were illegally diverting taxpayer funds to do abortions (they don't). Susan G. Komen was caving to political pressure to defund PP's breast cancer screening, and they used the investigation as their reasoning for doing so. The vp responsible for policy, Karen Handel, was a former religious anti-abortion activist and politician. It is true that many people within SGK disagreed with the decision, and some quit in protest. The organization as a whole may not be conservative, I do not know. But it was their money that supported PP's breast cancer screening that they were going to cut off, NOT money for abortions. PP is not a fly by night clinic, it provides life saving screenings.

When I do a google search, I'm always appalled by the extent of the anti-abortion machine's smear campaign against this health organization.

Nov 04, 2012, 18:32

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: