Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Lab songs that you don't particularly care for
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Re: Lab songs that you don't particularly care for

hito wrote:
I guess it is odd because it is lines from Chris Morris sketches. I love it.

On paper I should like it (one of my favourite bands setting the words of one of favourite comedy writers to music), but it doesn't work for me.

But then there's a lot of other 'Lab stuff that I adore, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Nov 09, 2012, 17:47

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

One note samba certainly outstays its welcome
good is me is awful
most of peng -instantly forgettable
still they make the good stuff shine brighter

Nov 10, 2012, 06:19

matthew6
matthew6
1905 posts

Babylon01 wrote:

most of peng -instantly forgettable

I used to think the same thing. You have to listen to it a good half dozen times....

Nov 10, 2012, 15:00

vivakomeda
746 posts

Wow. I disagree with lots on the responses.

I must confess - never thought much of the Lo-Fi ep, particularly the much-beloved title track.

And Daisy Click Clack is an abomination. I could have seen its appeal maybe as a B-side or bonus track type thing, but in the middle of an album? No way.

Nov 11, 2012, 00:03

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

Good is me:bad is it.
But i will give peng another go. At the moment i view the lab oevre as brilliant but bookended by two mediocrities in peng and NM.

Nov 11, 2012, 09:55

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Just to say that Daisy Click Clack is a thing of joy for me - makes me want to break into some sort of inappropriate dance.

The remix of Silver Sands on Not Music is probably the only track I actually skip. Don't like the way that one develops at all.

Nov 11, 2012, 11:55

matthew6
matthew6
1905 posts

Babylon01 wrote:

But i will give peng another go.

Yeah try it out again. Can you listen to music at work? That's what I do when albums are not quite clicking with me - I did the same with Peng. One track in particular - The Seeming and the Meaning - I initially would turn this one off after about twenty seconds - now I feel it is as tasty as a pop song can be. Exposure goes along way. When it comes to Lab, I find that if you give it enough time it will eventually click.

Nov 11, 2012, 16:24

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

matthew6 wrote:
Babylon01 wrote:

But i will give peng another go.

Yeah try it out again. Can you listen to music at work? That's what I do when albums are not quite clicking with me - I did the same with Peng. One track in particular - The Seeming and the Meaning - I initially would turn this one off after about twenty seconds - now I feel it is as tasty as a pop song can be. Exposure goes along way. When it comes to Lab, I find that if you give it enough time it will eventually click.

Hmm, interesting thought for a new thread. :)

Nov 11, 2012, 22:14

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

I'm not understanding all the hate for "Good is Me." I like that one.

Nov 12, 2012, 02:36

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I like Good Is Me a lot too. I love the countrified dub space jam bit, and the proggy outro is as good as it gets.

Nov 12, 2012, 04:35

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index