Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Lab songs that you don't particularly care for
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Re: Lab songs that you don't particularly care for

nsc283b wrote:
I agree. And Microbe Hunters.

I try to like MH, but is a jumble.

Nov 12, 2012, 05:56

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1700 posts

Calimero, yeeeuk. Brigitte Fontaine sounds like she's got tuberculosis

Nov 12, 2012, 13:06

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

thomas2 wrote:
Calimero, yeeeuk. Brigitte Fontaine sounds like she's got tuberculosis

What? I don't agree. She is slightly out of tune sometimes, in sort of a lazy sleepy way but she always makes it to the note she wants. I think it's an interesting song.

Nov 13, 2012, 07:28

thomas2
thomas2
1700 posts

No. It's dire and she sounds awful. A blot on their back catalogue!

Nov 13, 2012, 10:18

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

I agree with Mr T. I downloaded it and deleted it pretty soon after. I didn't like the scarey drunk lady.

Nov 13, 2012, 10:42

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

jauntymonty wrote:
nsc283b wrote:

When MH first came out, just seemed like "more Cobra." Nothing to write home about.

But now, in comparison with their output since Margerine Eclipse, it's very good.

Nov 13, 2012, 15:12

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

Other than the first and last tracks, I feel that Microbe Hunters is excellent. Especially I Feel the Air (Of Another Planet).

Nov 13, 2012, 15:16

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Omg...I think that song is brilliant! It's such a strange pairing, but I think it works. Brigitte Fontaine's is vast and varied. I'm sure it influenced Stereolab otherwise they wouldn't have collaborated with and named a song after her.

Calimero was the first time I encountered Brigitte Fontaine and she scared the shit out of me. I immediately tracked down Kekeland. It wasn't pretty by any means, but it certainly held my attention. Over the years I've acquired almost every album she's put out. The older she gets the more raw and unhinged she seems. I like this quality in older female musicians.

Nov 13, 2012, 15:55

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Yeah, I love Calimero and am a bit of a fan of Brigitte Fontaine in general. Her earlier poppy stuff with Jean Claude Vannier was pretty great, especially this one:

Nov 13, 2012, 20:04

hito
hito
1745 posts

The Greatest wrote:
jauntymonty wrote:
nsc283b wrote:

When MH first came out, just seemed like "more Cobra." Nothing to write home about.

But now, in comparison with their output since Margerine Eclipse, it's very good.

Comparing anything with their output since Margarine Eclipse is likely to increase its rating.

Nov 13, 2012, 21:26

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index