Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Smiths Complete remastering error
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

Smiths Complete remastering error

Has anyone besides me noticed that, at two different places in the song "Unloveable" on the Johnny Marr remaster, there are horrible glitches? It appears on that same track on both Louder Than Boms and The World Won't listen. I had to save my original CD, where the problem does not occur.

Nov 08, 2012, 17:30

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Smiths Complete remastering error

*shakes fists*

good to know. I love me some Smiths. makes me want to break out Louder Than Bombs which will forever be my favorite.

Nov 08, 2012, 18:06

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

meanchico wrote:
*shakes fists*

good to know. I love me some Smiths. makes me want to break out Louder Than Bombs which will forever be my favorite.

The thing about it is, the remastering is so superb on the rest of the tracks that I would recommend it. It really blows the old albums away.

Except for that one song. I'm surprised I can't find anything about it on the net. It can't be isolated if it happens on both discs.

Nov 08, 2012, 18:25

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I have the set but have not noticed it. What should I be listening for?

Nov 08, 2012, 20:15

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

Kazak wrote:
I have the set but have not noticed it. What should I be listening for?

At about 1:36 there are two "bumps" in the left channel.

And at about 1:47 there are another two on the right.

Nov 08, 2012, 20:21

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Yep, I hear it. I have both digitally and on vinyl and can hear it on both.

Nov 09, 2012, 02:37

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

Thank you for checking. Somehow it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone. But I hope I didn't ruin it for you!

Nov 09, 2012, 03:04

Left-Boob-Oscillator
Left-Boob-Oscillator
17 posts

It's been fixed on the new Queen is Dead box.

Oct 21, 2017, 03:24