Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
'Coming Down' - The United States Of America
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1905 posts

'Coming Down' - The United States Of America

I was randomly going through youtube videos when I came upon this one

I felt it sounded strangely Labish. But I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it was the vocal delivery? .... The lyrics even mention 'reality'... 'Reality is temporary' sounds very Laetitiaish....

Anyway I checked out some of the comments and lo and behold, others feel the same way.

Nov 13, 2012, 15:44

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2139 posts

Re: 'Coming Down' - The United States Of America

The United States Of America have always put me much more in mind of Broadcast than the groop. Listen to "Cloud Song" for example and it seems they were clearly an influence :)

Nov 13, 2012, 17:08

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

The demo is perhaps more 'Lab like, what with the extra keys and everything. I reckon the vocals are quite reminiscent of Mary on possibly something like Seeperbold:

Nov 13, 2012, 19:57

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2139 posts

musicforeels wrote:
The demo is perhaps more 'Lab like, what with the extra keys and everything. I reckon the vocals are quite reminiscent of Mary on possibly something like Seeperbold.

Yeah, I see what you mean there....definitely a bit of a Seeperbold feel in that recording :)

Nov 13, 2012, 20:06

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
musicforeels wrote:
The demo is perhaps more 'Lab like, what with the extra keys and everything. I reckon the vocals are quite reminiscent of Mary on possibly something like Seeperbold.

Yeah, I see what you mean there....definitely a bit of a Seeperbold feel in that recording :)

...and a touch of the Soundcarriers, what what?

Nov 13, 2012, 20:37

hito
hito
1745 posts

I would say the different eras of Broadcast are most evident in these songs. All three obviously have some influence on Stereolab but they seem more pronounced in a Broadcast way

Nov 13, 2012, 21:34

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

reminded me of:
http://youtu.be/1Cin0QzuEss

Nov 16, 2012, 06:32