Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Alternatives to itunes
57 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Re: Alternatives to itunes

mirtchevman wrote:
hito wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to be a better person and buy digital music but I refuse to deal with itunes. The thought of giving any money to that memory sapping ubiquitous money bank sickens me. So, what are the alternatives?

Bleep is pretty good but limited and of course, I would prefer to buy directly from the artist but many don't sell directly.

So say I want to buy "another green world". Most MP3 sellers won't sell to Australia. Not Amazon, not CD Universe.

Any thoughts?

this has turned out to be a pretty disturbing thread. itunes has really got a monopoly on the global market. it's like the music walmart of the world!

Because it doesn't pay artists enough? Of course it pays better than file sharing/stealing which is the biggest "monopoly" at the moment. But we didn't delve into how much they pay in this thread. I would like to find out how much a musician gets from a sale on itunes as opposed to other sources.

As far as the world goes, sounds like it's worse in Australia than some other places because of their laws.

Dec 03, 2012, 19:21

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: