Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Remembering Mary
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Re: Remembering Mary

I noticed someone posted a small tribute on the FB Stereolab page and Morgane Lhote responded to it.

a few people have posted some pics and memories of interactions. it's kinda fun reading them all.

I'm sad that I was only able to see Stereolab with Mary just once. I had barely processed Cobra Phases and the rest of their back catalogue at that point. I drove about 4 hours to see them and it was so worth it! the only song I recall recognizing was Metronomic Underground. it would be interesting to find a set list for that show. it was a show with Sonic Youth for one of the earlier Rock the Garden festivals at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis.

Dec 09, 2014, 20:34

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

meanchico wrote:
I noticed someone posted a small tribute on the FB Stereolab page and Morgane Lhote responded to it.

a few people have posted some pics and memories of interactions. it's kinda fun reading them all.

I'm sad that I was only able to see Stereolab with Mary just once. I had barely processed Cobra Phases and the rest of their back catalogue at that point. I drove about 4 hours to see them and it was so worth it! the only song I recall recognizing was Metronomic Underground. it would be interesting to find a set list for that show. it was a show with Sonic Youth for one of the earlier Rock the Garden festivals at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis.

Koly has a setlist for a show w/ Sonic Youth the very next day, so possibly it will be similar?

http://www.koly.com/stereolab/setlist.php?id=121

http://www.koly.com/stereolab/tour.php?year=2000

Although if it was for a festival maybe they won't have been on stage as long. Even this seems a very generous run time for a support slot (especially considering SY tend to play for a very long time).

I noticed as well on their homepage they have a tribute of sorts, with all the images changed to one of Mary. RIP, can't believe 12 years have passed already.

Dec 10, 2014, 05:31

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Mary passed away ten years ago today. Let's post beautiful music, pictures, and thoughts.

A photo Andy just put up on fb Press Play. A beautiful picture of her!

Hard to believe. This board has changed so much since those days; I remember some rather dark times here where I had to stop visiting. Still some great folks around that time to and a lot still here. I remember there was some talk about building a garden for her but her family ended up requesting that people donated money to a charity that she liked. But yes, a good time to remember her during this holiday season.

Dec 17, 2014, 04:10

anomaly
47 posts

It was 12 years ago. On ME Latitia dubbed the Mary sound. Well anyway I loved her crisp harmony with Latetia. I'll post my fab Mary song.

Dec 17, 2014, 05:53

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

I mentioned this before - that a room mate introduced me to Stereolab. Sound Dust. One of the things that sold me was Mary's vocals. That 'happy happy happy' bit on Double Rocker put it over the top though. Such a distinct musical moment for me. It is what music should be. Don't try to explain it. Just is.

Dec 17, 2014, 14:48

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Is it really 10 years already ?

Gone but not forgotten Sweet Mary.

Dec 18, 2014, 13:01

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

It's 12, I resurrected an old thread.

Dec 19, 2014, 04:19

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

Just realized - the groovy Ten Feet Behind video is no more.

Dec 19, 2014, 13:25

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

twenty feet....

Dec 19, 2014, 13:26

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

I love the ba ba ba's in this.

Remembering Mary. 14 years. <3

Dec 10, 2016, 03:51

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index