Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Guns
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Guns

cyberpainter wrote:
It boggles my mind that the arguments on the other side include getting rid of the bans on weapons in schools, and allowing teachers to carry concealed weapons. And of course allowing christianity to be part of the child's indoctrination in public schools.

I disagree so strongly with either of these things that it causes my blood pressure to go up.


It is a rather compelling argument though. The mental dweeb would not have entered the school if the teachers and pupils had guns!!

Dec 17, 2012, 22:13


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Guns

GaryB2 wrote:


It is a rather compelling argument though. The mental dweeb would not have entered the school if the teachers and pupils had guns!!


There is no proof of that.

Dec 17, 2012, 22:16


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Guns

cyberpainter wrote:
I will never own a gun, and have been horrified for many years of the gun culture in this country. Even if, as many on the other side of the argument say, gun regulations won't solve our problems, I believe strongly that we should have as many regulations as we can, while still doing more to help our other problems that cause these things. Mental health, poverty, violence and how it's depicted in the media, all things that need a lot of work in our society. It's not an either/or argument.

But on guns, re-pass the assault weapon ban, have strict background checks for every person who buys a gun, and other things. We regulate humans in many ways for our own safety, seems like lethal weapons should be one of them.

That town in Connecticut had a lot of gun culture, whether it was related or not, it existed there. And the mother of the 20 year old with difficulties, owned 3 guns which he gained access to somehow and used.


What's really disturbing is that she took him to the shooting range, even though he was mentally ill.

Dec 17, 2012, 22:16


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Guns

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:


It is a rather compelling argument though. The mental dweeb would not have entered the school if the teachers and pupils had guns!!


There is no proof of that.


Thankfully!

Makes sense though. In a fucked up kinda way.

Dec 17, 2012, 22:26


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Guns

I was really disturbed by that as well. the surfacing info about her being one of those obsessive doomsday preppers is also rather unsettling. those people scare me.

Dec 18, 2012, 00:10


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Guns

meanchico wrote:
I was really disturbed by that as well. the surfacing info about her being one of those obsessive doomsday preppers is also rather unsettling. those people scare me.


Yes, they are really scary people living in irrational fear...

Dec 18, 2012, 00:11


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mikka000
1083 posts

Re: Guns

I don't feel the need to own a gun at all. I have no problem with highly controlled and regulated gun ownership like we have in Australia so people can shoot for sport. As a result, we have low amount of gun-related deaths compared to the US.

I know this sounds harsh but the more of these school shootings there are in the US, the less and less I sympathise. It keeps happening, nothing is done about it and so these are the consequences. The Seppos can have it.

Dec 18, 2012, 06:00


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Guns

Don't often take any notice of what Boy George says but I think his quote just about sums up what I think about it:

"Crazy people should not be able to get guns and sane people do not need them."

I tried an airgun firing at tin cans when I was a kid and I do like those cheap amusement arcade things at the seaside where you shoot at targets and stereotype Wild West peolpe do amusing things. But really can see little need for them - people who use them for 'Sport' could always take up Ping Pong instead.

Dec 18, 2012, 15:14


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

dominickblack
dominickblack
30 posts

Re: Guns

Aw! How cute! You're all cute little victims waiting to be plucked.
teehee?

Dec 18, 2012, 15:57


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Gunz

I blame rappers!!



Dec 18, 2012, 16:06

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index